BookMarks in general. A very long standing problem

bug

I have seen some improvement in bookmark features but the “.pdf” type book mark tools are really NFG (not functionally good), and old engineering term. Thus this is the biggest problem Brave has without a work around.

I have book marked sites that end in “.pdf”. I an TOTALLY unable to move these, delete these, or edit these. They therefore permanently occupy positions on the bookmark bar and even lockout moving them. I can move non-.pdf book mark to the left of them.

Moving them in the book mark manager is very problematic.

Thanks for reporting @oldengineer,

I’m wondering if you have the same problem like described here

Did you mind to take a look and see if it’s the same issue?
Best,
:slight_smile:

I found issue/problem #8538. This is very similar and may well be the same problem but I don’t remember seeing a second book mark added. I know nothing about being related to a chrome extension and I don’t know the terminology of modern software. Do other browsers based on Chrome have the same issue…
I suspect these possibilities:1) Corrupted 'data table of bookmarks2) Incomplete code that handles .pdf suffexes, [something not being initialized]3) Hashing some how not set up to handle .pdf4) .pdf extension bookmarks were never considered to be movable or editable
Because Brave will not permit exporting, copying, or dragging of book marks I will not re-install Brave it looses all book marks.
Bottom line: I’m stuck and must use brave very carefully. Because of this several of the above mentioned Brave is somewhat fragile and not robust.
I like it because it is fast, small, and seems to be more secure and trusted relative to other browsers.
Doug James

eljuno
January 20 |

Thanks for reporting @oldengineer,I’m wondering if you have the same problem like described here
github.com/brave/browser-laptop
Issue: Can not delete/moving/edit bookmark with chrome-extension:// in the URL location
opened by eljuno on 2017-04-27 Did you search for similar issues before submitting this one?
No

Describe the issue you encountered:
I accidently have two bookmarks with chrome-extension://jdbefljfgobbmcidnmpjamcbhnbphjnb/ added… bug feature/bookmarks Did you mind to take a look and see if it’s the same issue?
Best,
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I am using Windows &x64 Home edition.
This is an example of a problematic url"http://www.renogy.com/template/files/Manuals/CTRL-CMD20-40.pdf

Its as if the ‘.pdf’ suffixes are not ‘recognized’ properly.
Doug James

eljuno
January 20 |

Thanks for reporting @oldengineer,I’m wondering if you have the same problem like described here
github.com/brave/browser-laptop
Issue: Can not delete/moving/edit bookmark with chrome-extension:// in the URL location
opened by eljuno on 2017-04-27 Did you search for similar issues before submitting this one?
No

Describe the issue you encountered:
I accidently have two bookmarks with chrome-extension://jdbefljfgobbmcidnmpjamcbhnbphjnb/ added… bug feature/bookmarks Did you mind to take a look and see if it’s the same issue?
Best,
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Unable to reply to brave@discoursemail.com or use support@brave.comAnyone, please help.
Doug James

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.