Bookmarks file imports: always non-destructive to current bookmarks?

Are imports of bookmarks always non-destructive – i.e., existing bookmarks are never erased or overwritten?

In other words, can you import multiple saved bookmarks files and end up with all of them merged with the current bookmarks (with no overwriting of the latter)?

Also, is there a limit to the number of bookmarks one can have?

Thanks.

@mattches Hi, can you clarify this?

I’m using Beta but want to switch back to Release, especially since the TOR tabs/windows feature has stopped working in Beta. (My reason for switching to Beta in the first place was that TOR was working in that version at the time.)

If I create an export file of my bookmarks in Beta and then import it into Release, will all the Beta bookmarks just be added to the existing Release bookmarks, or will the import in effect ‘replace’ (overwrite) the existing bookmarks in Release?

Also, is there any limit on the total number of bookmarks one can have?

Thanks.

@mk7z,

Yes – any bookmarks imported in this way will simply be added to your current list. Note that if duplicates are found, I believe the duplicate will be added anyway (so you may end up with two of some of the imported bookmarks).

No sir!

1 Like

@Mattches

Note that if duplicates are found, I believe the duplicate will be added anyway (so you may end up with two of some of the imported bookmarks).

Indeed, and going by my experience you’re lucky if you only end up with two.

No sir!

Could anyone ask for more than that?
Brave rules.

1 Like

You rule! Appreciate your support.

1 Like