Bookmarks disappearing from toolbar, occasionally

I’m not sure exactly what caused it to happen but I’ve now noticed several instances of bookmarks I’ve clicked disappearing from folders in the Bookmark toolbar.

This seems to be related some how to clicking them, possibly I’m dragging them off somehow when clicking inadvertently. I fiddled around and couldn’t just reproduce it.

Interestingly the Bookmark star if I bring up the last site I had disappear https://soylentnews.org shows starred and if I click on it shows the folder and subfolder in which I had placed it. So the browser seems to still know it is there somehow. Yet if you open that folder it is not listed.

Here is the URL bar showing it as still bookmarked.

(Actually not I can apparently only post one image for now, if you’ll take my word though it shows an orange star next to the URL)

If I click on the star I see this without entering anything (this is the correct location)

If you browse to the location it is missing though.
(Again you’ll have to take my word for it for now, all the other bookmarks I’ve had in this subfolder show but not SoylentNews)

Have to restart to see if it comes back, so I’ll comment here if it shows then. Either way, seems like some sort of bug. And all the more annoying since you can’t drag and drop the bookmark back into place.

Brave: 0.22.669
V8: 6.6.346.24
rev: 6cda2e84f749e66409e9e3bca63f5796422e7edf
Muon: 5.2.7
OS Release: 17.4.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.117
macOS 10.13.3

After restarting the bookmark is still missing.

I think I got mixed up in deleting images in my original post.

Here is one of the others, showing the folder the bookmark should be in is something Brave still knows about.

Not sure where this information is stored, maybe I could paste some of it from whatever file it is in, to see if that may have been corrupted somehow.

Thank you for such a detailed report. I have found steps to always reproduce the issue.

The issue has been reported and you can check it here: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/14093

I’m glad it was enough information to nail down the case. Thanks for the reply (I have some QA experience which helps) I’ll look forward to seeing it knocked out sometime.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.