Bookmarks Bar - order keeps scrambling - Sync issue?

Description of the issue:
I really gave it a 100% try yesterday to ditch Chrome and switch to Brave. Since Brave Sync only does Bookmarks for now, I had to painstakingly set up all my settings, extensions etc “just right” on 2 Macs but eventually was pretty happy.

Then, out of the blue all my Bookmarks just decided to randomly scramble themselves up on Mac #2. I thought it was a glitch so I carefully put them all back into place, only to find that some minutes later, now they are scrambled on Mac #1. Ugh.

I use my Bookmarks Bar heavily and rely on icons being where I want them for muscle memory to open my favorite sites. This seems like a small annoyance but it was a deal breaker for me and reluctantly I went back to Chrome for now. I still have Brave installed and will definitely look to try it again after 1.x.x gets a few rounds of bugfixes (hope!).

Found some links to other reports of basically the exact same issue:
(these were auto-closed with no response or resolution)

1. After organizing bookmarks bar, it keeps reseting displayed bookmarks to undesired older layout
  2. Bookmarks bar keeps scrambling and changing

Versions:
Brave: Version 1.0.0 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
macOS: Catalina 10.15.1

1 Like

Duplicate bookmarks & folders and empty bookmark folders is just the most recent… But yeah I’d guess it’s a sync issue…

i think so, it also happen to me!

I am having exactly the same issue but on a PC. It’s been going on for months, so have been forced to ditch using Brave browser. Why is no one addressing this deal-breaking issue? People rely heavily on their bookmarks working correctly.
I’m sure it’s a sync issue, because when turn off syncing the problem stops happening.

I’m having the same problem. When I delete a folder from the Bookmark Bar it comes back again and brings it’s children (i.e. folders with the same name but with links missing or empty). I tried renaming the folders that I knew were good so that I know which ones to use, but it changed the names back again. I have now deactivated sync and will try again when the fix is released. However, I have spent several hours working on restoring my bookmarks to where they should be without losing any important ones.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.