Bookmark toolbar has a blank icon that I can't remove

I have a big blank “New document” type icon stuck on my bookmarks toolbar. I can’t seem to get rid of it. It doesn’t appear in my bookmark manager, along with most of my other bookmarks. Perhaps this feature isn’t implemented yet. I exported my bookmarks and looked at the HTML and it looks fine. There is nothing weird at that location in the bookmarks. Is this a known issue? I uninstalled and reinstalled Brave, but it kept all my settings and stuff, so that didn’t fix it. I guess I could clean install if I knew how. Anyone want to offer some ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Skrubby

Hi @SkrubZero,

• Are the bookmarks imported from other browser/HTML file?
  • Are you able to delete those “new document” bookmark/s via right-click > delete?
  • Also, if you click that bookmark, are you able to visit those bookmarked site?

You can try this nuclear option. Please take a note that this steps will remove all your browser data (bookmarks, history, Brave Payments data*, etc).

https://community.brave.com/t/how-to-solve-almost-every-problem-after-install/605?u=eljuno

(*) You can back up your Brave Payments wallet first, if you have Payment enabled. Go to Preferences > Payments > Click gear icon > Back up your wallet > Copy/save the words.

Thank you,
:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, I’ll give this a try. I’ve backed up my bookmarks, but not my wallet. I’ll try that.

Oh, to answer your questions. The “New Document” link doesn’t go anywhere. I can’t right click and remove it. Nothing happens when I right click it. There’s no menu that appears, as expected. Sometimes if I click it, the browser will freeze for a moment, so it might be trying to do something. I just don’t know what!