Bookmark Sync is not syncing

Syncing should be automatic, correct?, and I did try setting up the sync chain again with the qr code. It appears my phone synced once, and any changes to the desktop or phone bookmarks do not update each other. If I check the sync chain, I can see both devices listed. A windows 8.1 x64 pc, and android 8.1 phone. On the phone, everything from the desktop is listed in a ‘mobile bookmarks’ folder. I have over 650 bookmarks, so maybe that is the issue?
Both devices can be seen on both devices in the sync settings, sync is indeed switched on, both devices are always on the same wifi network, and I’ve tried multiple networks.

Expected result:
sync

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in Settings):
Desktop: Version 0.68.131 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
mobile: Version 1.1.0 Chromium 75.0.2770.101

Mobile Device details

samsung j7 pro

AndroidVersion

android 8.1

desktop version

windows 8.1 x64

2 Likes

I’m having a similar issue but my thing is not all my bookmarks are going over, and I’m missing entire folders

I have over 650 bookmarks

@aaronwi @Jason Just wanted to say to please not rely on sync right now as the main driver for bookmark management. It’s very unstable/unreliable.

2 Likes

@Javin Is there an estimate on when it will get mixed? I want to use Brave as my backup browser for none worked related things but if the bookmarks aren’t being transferred properly

2 Likes

Edited and deleted bookmarks do not be synced, that is one issue I have encountered.