Bookmark search field does not work

Before you post!

1. It is important that you have the right expectations for free technical support for free open source software.

For an average business day you should expect about 24 hours before your first response. For the weekend (any post after 3PM PST Friday to 11AM PST Monday) expect about 48 hours before your first response.

We totally love you, but we also have loved ones, pets, and stuffed animals we like to spend time with when we’re not making free software.

2. Did you check out our Common Issues? https://community.brave.com/c/common-issues

Clicking on that Lion in the upper-right corner and fiddling with settings is going to solve like 99% of your problems.

3. Keep It Tidy

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

4. On the Internet nobody knows if you are being funny/sarcastic/rude.

Smileys go a long way, but it’s better if you stick to the facts and say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’. Don’t swear in text, it’s a waste of everyone’s energy.

Any kind of harassment/impersonation/spam will not be tolerated. Once acknowledged. your account will be banned.

5. Help us help you. This is how we expect you to write a post:

• A. Make a meaningful title. “Clicking on the Done button 3 times crashes Brave” is much better than “Brave suddenly crashed”.
  • B. A screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/)
  • C. A listing of:
    • i. Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)
    • ii. Your Brave Version. (Desktop users please copy info from about:brave using the clipboard if possible)
  • D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
    Example:
    • i. I downloaded and installed Brave.
    • ii. I created a bookmark and clicked the ‘Done’ button three times.
    • iii. Brave suddenly quit and my bookmark was not created.
  • E. Count to 20 and re-read your post. Could someone take offense at your post? Could you say something a bit more clearly?

6. If you do not follow the guidelines above, expect to have your post edited or deleted.

We’re not trying to be rude, we just don’t want to waste energy when we could be releasing new features and bug fixes.

7. Thanks for slowing down to read this. Use the template in step 5 and you can delete the rest.

About:bookmarks; searchbox not working in the bookmarks manager on macOS
About:bookmarks; searchbox not working in the bookmarks manager on macOS

Hi @mhouse777,

Please edit your post by clicking 3 dots in the end of your post and provide the requisite info.

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

what 3 dots? Do you mean the edit pen image? That only allows me to edit the title.

I mean this one. Clicking 3 dots will open more option. There should be “edit this post” button.

However, what issue that you encounter? :slight_smile:

Hi ejuno,

Here’s the issue…see avi

Description

The bookmark manager search function is not working after the most recent upgrade/update.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open the bookmarks from the Bookmarks drop down menu
  2. after new tab opens
  3. select the search box in the top right so the cursor is in there
  4. type in the box

Actual result:
thing happens when you type in the box

Expected result:
text/characters you type should appear in the box

Reproduces how often:
multiple times; even cleared browser data, quitted, and restarted; the problem did not go away.

Brave: 0.21.24
V8: 6.5.254.36
rev: 19c78a1624118e344852c4c0f44c0d45be841b5f
Muon: 4.9.3
OS Release: 17.4.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 65.0.3325.162

Because even after the most recent update the bookmark page is still broke. Here are the errors from the dev console.

When the mouse is over/on the bookmark page this is the first error:

(BLESSED_EXTENSION context for mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd) chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/3.chunk.js:1: Uncaught TypeError: (t.get(…) + t.get(…)).match is not a function{TypeError: (t.get(…) + t.get(…)).match is not a function
at t.filter.t (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/3.chunk.js:1:167717)
at chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:32384
at chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:16887
at Ge.iterate (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:22858)
at qe.iterate.ze.iterate (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:22792)
at ze.qe.iterate.ze.iterate (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:22792)
at ze.qe.iterate.ze.iterate (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:22792)
at Be.__iterate (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:16856)
at r.Wt.o.__iterateUncached (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:32353)
at ce (chrome-extension://mnojpmjdmbbfmejpflffifhffcmidifd/gen/aboutPages.entry.js:1:5850)}

Typing in the search box results in this error for every keystroke entered

3.chunk.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: (t.get(…) + t.get(…)).match is not a function
at t.filter.t (3.chunk.js:1)
at aboutPages.entry.js:1
at aboutPages.entry.js:1
at Ge.iterate (aboutPages.entry.js:1)
at qe.iterate.ze.iterate (aboutPages.entry.js:1)
at ze.qe.iterate.ze.iterate (aboutPages.entry.js:1)
at ze.qe.iterate.ze.iterate (aboutPages.entry.js:1)
at Be.__iterate (aboutPages.entry.js:1)
at r.Wt.o.__iterateUncached (aboutPages.entry.js:1)
at ce (aboutPages.entry.js:1)

Hitting return in that box produces no error other than the first one above.

Brave: 0.22.13
V8: 6.5.254.41
rev: a8cfb160479f1d00d0769368eb440030182bb83b
Muon: 5.1.2
OS Release: 17.5.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 65.0.3325.181

Hope this helps to get this one fixed sooner than later (if solely because this featured worked about two releases ago).

Same issue here, in both 0.21.24 and 0.22.13. I type into the search field but no text appears. I can enter text in the search box in History etc, but not in Bookmark Manager.

Consistent every time even after reinstalling. I’m running Mac OS 10.13.4 and currently back on Brave 0.21.24 because of a separate issue in 0.22.13 with opening links.

Same issue here.
OSX 10.11.6 (15G19009)

Brave 0.22.13
V8 6.5.254.41
rev a8cfb16
Muon 5.1.2
OS Release 15.6.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 65.0.3325.181

This is a deal breaker for me if I can’t perform basic browser functionality like searching my bookmarks.

We have an issue logged for this, you can track the progress here:

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @mhouse777 @bb422 @travik @JASHome,

Can you please try the latest version of Brave (0.23.39) and see if this issue still exist or not?
Thank you,

@eljuno limited testing shows that searching bookmarks works in the current version. Thank you!

Hello,
No, It still does not work. I would upload the video but im a new user and it wont let me

Thanks for the confirmation @bb422 @mhouse777.

We discuss the bug in this thread About:bookmarks searchbox not working . Please continue the discussion there.

Closing this thread for now.
Thank you,