Bookmark save to more than folder please, allow duplicates

I’d like to be able to save the same bookmark to more than one folder.

If I bookmark a page in one folder and try bookmarking it again, selecting a different folder, the bookmark moves instead of appearing in both folders.

I can’t copy a bookmark by holding down CTRL and dragging, it moves. (using Windows 10).

PS: Saving a bookmark might be faster if it doesn’t have to search through all the existing ones for a duplicate.

If this (duplicates allowed) feature is unpopular, could it be a configuration option? (is it one I overlooked?)

Otherwise, great browser keep up the good work!

Brave 0.18.23
rev 36ae2ec
Muon 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.90
V8 6.0.286.52
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 10.0.15063

I like having bookmarks in multiple places sometimes too, and if it were to help make the process faster, I’d be all for it.

Hi @mrpetep @JoePCool14,

I don’t know if this can be done by this steps or this one is a bug. But I can make a duplicate bookmarks. Here we go.

• Bookmark a page (Ctrl+D) – 1st Bookmark, put it in the folder eg. Folder 1.
  • Bookmark the same page (Ctrl+D) – 2nd Bookmark, put it in the Bookmarks Toolbar.
  • It will create same bookmarks with same URL. One in Folder 1 and another is on Bookmarks Toolbar.
  • If you want, you can move the 2nd bookmarks from Bookmarks Toolbar to another folder eg. Folder 2 by drag and drop.
  • You also can repeat steps 2 and 4. :slight_smile:

And I found the open, maybe or maybe not related issue on GitHub.

Hope this can help.
Thank you,
:slight_smile:

eljuno,
That works for me too!

I never would have thought of trying that, for now I’ll call it a ‘feature’.

Thanks!
Sincerely,
mrpetep