Bookmark menu vanishes two seconds after clicking on it

Description of the issue:
When I click on a bookmark folder, it drops down like a menu. But then the drop-down “menu” vanishes almost exactly two seconds after opening it. This does not give time to choose the bookmark, or the sub-bookmark.
How can this issue be reproduced?
Clicking on the folder icon in the bookmark bar, then waiting two seconds. It always happens without fail.

Expected result:
Bookmarks under a bookmark-folder should stay open until I have clicked on the bookmark I want to use.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.35.100 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

kalemenos,

Suggestion, back up your Bookmarks. How to:

Another “how to”, in detail:

Hmm. These last two replies have nothing to do with the problem I posted. You refer to backing up, exporting, and restoring bookmarks. The problem is unrelated to any of those things in any way. Nor did I post that I had found anything, as your last line “Edit” states. I wonder if you meant this for someone else?

The problem remains: I click on a bookmark folder, and after it drops down for me to look at, in just about two seconds, it disappears before I have time to look at it. One workaround I have been doing - it is clumsy, and not the best solution - is to open the “Bookmark manager”. Then all my bookmarks stay available for me to click on.

Isn’t it annoying that it is impossible to actually contact Brave to get them to work on their bugs. Why do they make it hard for people to communicate with them? Such a barrier only guarantees a mediocre product, where designers completely ignore people with real issues who are really using the real product in real life.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what happens to me on my bookmark menus, thanks for the video it demonstrates the point exactly, and you worded it quite well. Except in my case the “vanishing” occurs not 70% but 100% of the time. Does anyone out there know a solution?

@kalemenos,
Can you please tell me the type of device you’re using when you see this issue?

I’ve opened the following issue on this for the developers to review:

1 Like

Yes, it’s a desktop (HP Omen), running Windows 11. Let me know if that’s what you meant. Thanks for looking into it.

Thanks for opening it to developers. Please note that you seem to state it happens only when the “more options” menu is clicked. It’s ALL sub-menus, including a bookmark that’s a folder with bookmarks in it (i.e., the drop-down list of bookmarks quickly vanishes). And on my PC, it happens 100% of the time, and so it is not an “inconsistent behavior.” I’m enjoying Brave, I hope a fix can come along.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.