Bookmark Manager is Broken

After trying to import bookmarks from an HTML file (saved in Brave on another computer) my Bookmark Manager is broken. I have bookmarks, and am able to save new sites. But there is NOTHING listed in my bookmark manager. Folders cannot be added and existing bookmarks cannot be manipulated.

Bookmarks seem to work - but the bookmark manager does not populate.

I have tried reinstalling brave, clearing cash etc.

Any ideas?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists.

I would really appreciate some help

What are your Brave and OS versions? I am not seeing this issue but I wonder if something with one of your bookmarks is causing a display problem? If you’re willing to share your bookmarks privately for investigation let me know.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hello,

I’m using Windows 10.

Brave: 0.22.669

V8: 6.6.346.24

rev: 6cda2e84f749e66409e9e3bca63f5796422e7edf

Muon: 5.2.7

OS Release: 10.0.16299

Update Channel: Release

OS Architecture: x64

OS Platform: Microsoft Windows

Node.js: 7.9.0

Brave Sync: v1.4.2

libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.117

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Really bizarre this is still broken. I have hundreds of bookmarks, and can’t even manage, organize, delete bookmarks within this manager. Actually, shouldn’t even be called a Manager. I can delete bookmarks from bookmark bar, but in Manager: Can’t delete, no option available, I created New Folder within a folder, moved several bookmarks into this new folder - Vanished, gone, can’t see them in bkmrk manager or from bookmarks bar. This is almost good enough reason to rarely use this browser. If I can’t keep the hundreds of bookmarks I have organized, Life grows even more Chaotic, already too chaotic. I just updated browser today on Win 7 laptop… no help.

Brave 0.22.714
V8 6.6.346.26
rev fa2fbca
Muon 6.0.9
OS Release 6.1.7601
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 66.0.3359.139

Same. This browser’s bookmark’s functionality is garbage.

yaknow … one frustrating thing has been that uninstalling and reinstalling hasn’t fixed the problem. It’s become obvious that uninstalling the program doesn’t completely remove the program. Reinstalling should have left me with a blank slate, but instead my same broken bookmarks are still there.

But I did discover that I can re-arrange bookmarks stored in folders by dragging and dropping them. So that’s something.

This problem persists.

The problem when i tried to sync bookmarks between two computers. First it put all of my bookmarks - which were organized into folders on the old computer - into a single folder. When I tried to separate them and rebuild the original organization, the “manager” went into tilt mode - no lights, no flippers. Nothing.

and its been two months.

A new update loaded today. Problem persists.

Received this comment in another thread:

eljuno
3d
Hi @fretless,

I’m sorry it’s not working well for you. But the good news is, bookmarks related issue will be fixed with the upcoming brave-core (rewrite version coming later this year). More info about Brave 1.0 can be read on this blog post https://brave.com/development-plans-for-upcoming-release/ 3.

Thank you,
:slight_smile:

I use Raindrop. as my bookmarks manager. Install the extension and use it as clipper so that when you click or use the keyboard shortcut it will just auto save to the last used folder. It will still show you a small popup saying where it saved it, which lets you set the save location to a different one if you want to. Or just use the sidebar mode to have it always show you the sidebar when adding a bookmark.

Akinator Xender Kik

I too cannot import my bookmarks from firefox to Brave… I save them as a html file, used the brave import, but only a few crossed over… very difficult to use a browser that cannot do basic file imports like bookmarks - sure could use a set of simple step by step instructions for this problem - will hold off using Brave 'till I can import my bookmarks.

bookmarks in Brave are an ongoing issue. we’ve been told to expect improvement with a core upgrade this fall…