Bookmark manager and Bookmark tabs stopped working, heavily bugged

Description of the issue:

When I go to the Bookmark manager, it is empty… yet there are still bookmark folders in my toolbar, but they don’t always work when I click the link.

I still can add or delete a bookmark folder from the toolbar by ‘command’ clicking it… but it feels really buggy, and irritating since bookmark managing is a key feature for browsers.

I recently update to Mac OS Mojave, so maybe this is the reason, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up… Maybe you’ve noticed this bug as well? Hope this can be resolved quick and easy…

| Brave version: 0.25.2

*by the way, I’m really looking forward to synching bookmarks between mobile and desktop Brave browser. Any update on when this will be possible?

The first thing I would do would be to update to the latest release.
You are both using the Muon Brave build. We have since deprecated Brave Muon in favor of this:

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.
It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hi there, thank you for your quick reply.

I downloaded the new version, quit my old brave browser, but when I start the application it doesn’t load any page and I get a spinning color wheel as cursor. I’ve waited for 15 minutes to make sure, but it’s ‘not responding’. I have to force-quit the application.

Luckily it runs paralel to the old (my current) Brave application, so I still have all my bookmarks, extensions and settings, etc. in place and working.

FYI: I run OSX Mojave 10.14.1 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, early 2013)

Hope we can sort this out soon, because I really like using the Brave browser!

Kind regards,
Hans

I had updated to Java 8 (for other reasons), restarted my computer, and tried the newly downloaded Brave browser again, and it works like a charm! Smooth as silk. Thank you!!!

Brave Muon 8.1.8/ OS Mojave 10.14
Unable to consistently delete bookmarks, which is proving very annoying. “Right” clicking brings up sub-menu that does not always include the ‘delete bookmark’ option, leaving no obvious way to delete applicable bookmark. Suggestions most welcome!