Bookmark "jumping"

I have the following configuration: MX Linux 19.4, Brave Version 1.27.111 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have bookmarks added to my menu bar, the trouble starts when I try to access 2nd or 3rd level bookmark, so this is my bookmark structure

level    1a      level 2a         level 3a
         1b            2b               3b
         1c
etc

the trouble starts mostly at 3rd level (it seems the lower the level, the worst it gets), this is what I normally do, put the cursor at the 1st level that I want, then move the cursor horizontally to the right to select the 2nd level, then move the cursor to the right to select the 3rd level, when I get to the 3rd level, the 1st level changed (highlight moved to where my cursor is located horizontally). Is this a bug or something specific to my configuration? The only way for me to use the bookmark is through bookmark manager.

This seems similar to what I am experiencing on Windows 10 (19043.1165) and Brave
Version 1.29.77 Chromium: 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Here is a Brave session with the bookmarks:

On the left are my groups of links. On my right is the window that shows the links in the selected group. When I click on my “tech” group, I get this:

My problem is that the left window now scrolls up putting “tech” at the top of the screen. If I want to then go to look at something in a group that is positioned higher, I have to scroll that window. Before, the left window stayed put unless I moved it manually.

This new behavior is inconvenient and serves no purpose for me. Can it be restored? Is there a “settings” button that addresses this.

Otherwise, been a very happy user for a long time. Love Brave!!!

The jumping of bookmarks has been reported by @Mattches on Githib. Hopefully developers will resolve the issue soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.