Bookmark folder disappears after moving bookmark into it

1. Any tab: Click on blank star to create bookmark.
  2. On ‘Bookmark Added’’ screen, click on ‘view all bookmarks’
  3. (Now on Bookmarks Manager tab.) Right click on first folder under ‘Bookmarks Toolbar’. (This is high-level folder that contains all my bookmark folders.) Click on ‘create folder’. Create new folder.
  4. Now, drag the bookmark (shown under ‘bookmarks toolbar’) that was created in step 1 above to the newly created folder.
  5. Newly created folder and dragged bookmark vanish.
  6. Return to tab bookmarked in step 1. Click on orange star. ‘Edit bookmark’ screen shows blanks in ‘title’ and ‘location’, and ‘bookmarks toolbar’ in ‘folder’. The star remains orange, but clicking ‘remove’ has no effect - the star remains orange. There is no bookmark, but I can’t undo the orange star, so the url seems unbookmarkable.

I believe this process worked prior to the last release.

Hi @len5742,

I’m sorry for late response. Did you still face this issue in latest stable release (0.19.105)?

Best,
:slight_smile:

I just played with this again. (I’m on the version you cited.)

Step 5 makes an incorrect statement. Instead of vanishing, the folder immediately ‘jumps’ to a new location, higher in the list of bookmark folders, after the bookmark is dropped in it. (It was at the very end of the list after being created.)

So:

Bookmarks folder
Len
folder1
folder2
folder3
folder4
new folder

becomes:

Bookmarks folder
Len
folder1
new folder
folder2
folder3
folder4

after the bookmark is dragged into the new folder.

So the bookmark folder is still there.

But there still seems to be no way to remove a bookmark via clicking on the orange star. This I just tested.

Not the problem I reported. But still, a problem.

Easy to recreate. Just try to remove any bookmark, via clicking on the orange star. Doesn’t seem to be possible.

Does it work for you?

Regards,

Len Glassner

Note that ‘Len’ is a folder in the ‘Bookmarks folder’ and the folders that follow it are in the ‘Len’ folder.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.