BONK asset at Solana network is not predefined in Brave wallet

BONK is a meme token at Solana network, it is popular. BONK is NOT predefined in Brave wallet :frowning:

I tried to add custom asset but maybe I did something wrong, I created asset that had wrong number of decimal places; I had about 100 BONK (it is visible at Solana block explorer) but my Brave wallet balance was only 0.0000000010 BONK, or something like that, real small number… There is no way to edit custom asset but there is a way to delete it. I deleted BONK asset. And then tried to add it again but I think there is a bug in Brave wallet, it doesn’t show BONK asset but I see one asset that is “blurred”, I cannot see asset name and I cannot delete it…

Other poplar asset that is not predefined in Brave wallet is FLUX-SOL, FLUX token at Solana network…

1 Like

Hello! Did you ‘Save Changes’ after deleting the old BONK asset?

Contract: DezXAZ8z7PnrnRJjz3wXBoRgixCa6xjnB7YaB1pPB263
Decimals: 5

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.00.47 AM

1 Like

I restarted my Brave and I was able to add Bonk after Brave restart. I think that “Mint address” DezXAZ8z7PnrnRJjz3wXBoRgixCa6xjnB7YaB1pPB263 is correct. Anyway, I cannot see any value at my fresh Bonk asset, balance is zero, no transactions. I cannot explain it.

Is there any explanation why number of decimal places is 5? What is source of that information?

OK, I am going to repeat the process, delete Bonk asset and add it again… I really miss an option to view/edit custom asset, to find/fix an configuration error…

Bonk on Solana block explorer:

UPDATE. I have not removed the Bonk asset, it had balance 0; I was not in the mood to play with that issue… I checked my wallet an hour later and I see that my Bonk balance is correct! A magic!! Like some background process updated wallet balance. That was a confusing experience…

BTW, I confirm that Bonk has 5 decimal places, that is correct number. I just do not understand what is the source of that number…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.