Bluetooth not working on Brave Browser

Hi I have an external speaker on my Mac computer. It connects through Bluetooth. I have just begun to use Brave but Bluetooth is not even showing on the top menu. How do I switch bluetooth on?
Thanks I appreciate advice.

@NicolettaL ,

Show Bluetooth in menu bar (Mac OS 10.12.n “Sierra”):

Show_Bluetooth_in_menu_bar

You might also want to look at, in a New Window:

brave://settings/content/sound

Thanks for responding

Hmm hopefully this link will take you to the photo I uploaded. Let me know.

brave://settings/content/sound is not working.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.28.52

@NicolettaL ,

“brave://settings/content/sound is not working.” – the “is not working” part of your sentence . . . I am uncertain of your meaning, in the context of:

@NicolettaL ,

You originally asked: How do I switch bluetooth on?

You DO NOT need a Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network) connection, in order to connect a Bluetooth device, nor, in order to turn ON Bluetooth, nor, in order to display the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar.

The Bluetooth screenshot that I included, above (my reply 2), is of the Bluetooth window that results by clicking on System Preferences > Bluetooth (icon among the many icons of System Preferences):

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 2.31.16 AM

Apple instructions, re Bluetooth icon in menu bar:

MacWorld article:

the link is not taking me to the page you posted above. It is not working?

Thanks Bluetooth is working on other browsers. I know how to get it to work but it is not working on the Brave Browser. Maybe it’s because I have firefox up as well since the brave browser isn’t quite functioning yet and am unable to work on it.

I am unable to find the sound icon anywhere. When I use search the link you gave in settings it does not take me to this page. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.