Blocking internet access

Description of the issue:

Over time, more and more I’m being denied internet access when I’m traveling. I started to have difficulty logging in to Wifi in trains & busses, but lately I started to get trouble logging in to the internet when I am on location, for instance at a hotel or hostel stay. At the hostel I stay often, it became more and more difficult, and at my last visit, I couldn’t get it to work at all. Thursday I am traveling to the hostel again. What can I do, need to do, have to change in the settings to make it work ? P.S. Being there without internet access is a pain.

Exact URL of the website in question:

This is the URL of the hostel booking site:

https://staygenerator.com/hostels/london?lang=en-GB&gclsrc=ds

However, when I am there and login to the Wifi, normally I am being directed to another hostel page where I can sign-up to get access by typing in my email address. For this page I have no URL.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

I don’t think so, no.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

I’ve already gone into the Brave section, and turned off what I thought could be blocking the site, but honestly I don’t know where to look exactly and what to click to restore access to these sort of sites.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

I honestly don’t know. I’m not that tech savvey.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

No, it didn’t.

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.42.88 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thank you for looking into this, and helping me to resolve this issue.

Christiaano

Try testing on non-wifi, cellphone data instead. If there are internet restrictions on wifi, cell data is one way, another is using a VPN. @christiaano

Thank you, I will experiment with that.
@fanboynz

Would it be helpful to add, in this case the URL of the hostel website (or any website I have trouble getting access to), as an extension to Brave ?

How do I add a site as an extension to Brave, because it would be good for me to know anyway ? …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.