Block Script: Can Brave block/allow individual scripts per site?

I’ve noticed that there is only a generic ‘Block/Allow’ slider that I can only assume allows or blocks all scripts on any particular site. When I click ‘Scripts Blocked’ it shows a comprehensive list but I can’t find a way to allow certain ones and not others.

I’m a Firefox refugee and finally said goodbye because of the drastic changes the last major update brought with it. Hopefully Brave can improve my browsing experience.

Brave: 0.20.30
V8: 6.4.388.40
rev: 8b78402e7b3b91d44d8146cbe4dc8013592c33fd
Muon: 4.7.9
OS Release: 6.1.7601
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.119

@techx3d Did you see the noscript icon on URL bar? Clicking that will open this option

Hope that can help
:slight_smile:

I see it now. Many thanks!

Why do these list a different total of scripts? I remember getting used to ‘NoScript’ on FF being so frustrating at first until I became familiar with which scripts do what. One of the main reasons I left FF behind was the changes to NoScript. In particular the easy to use/understand list of scripts.

This seems to confuse things

@techx3d the first screenshot just lists the items that have been blocked. If you have Ads blocked then clicking on it lists the blocked items.

In second screenshot shows the blocked items but also allows you to run the scripts which is not possible in the first one

Hope that clears the confusion :slight_smile:

And thus illustrates the problem. Or am I just not understanding this?

I thought ad-blockers and script blockers were two different things. I see no option to block the individual scripts that are shown in the 2nd screencap.

I just ‘allowed all scripts’ to see if I was given a list on either screenshot scenario and on the 1st screenshot(shield settings) there are no scripts listed(which means they’re ALL allowed which goes back to my original question). And now there is no Block Script icon on the top right

Adblocker only blocks the scripts that load the ad/tracker content (3rd party). Enabling it will not provide you an option to specifically run an ad/tracker script Its a total blocking feature. If you want the ad script to run you will have to set shields to Allow Ads and Tracking.

Script blocker blocks all scripts on that particular page. If you enable script blocker then you see the no script icon on the URL. Clicking that gives you an option to load specific scripts (sceenshot 2) either once or until you restart the browser

As per the screenshot, http://abs.twimg.com is loading 3 script files which are blocked (screenshot 1) along with 2 scripts from https://twitter.com bringing total blocked script files to 5. Blocked count lists all individual files that are blocked

In screenshot 2 it only allows you to load from the source and not individual script files. So allowing https://abs.twimg.com to run will load all the 3 script files from that source.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.