Block element not working

Twitter.com Cannot block message element on twitter. function does not work.
It was blocked for a long time but returned and it cannot be blocked now?

Hey russt1,

Can you right click, hovoer over Brave, select Manage Custom Filters, and then check to see if you see anything in the Custom Filters section at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue but with multiple sites. When I look at my Custom Filters I can see where I’ve set the same filter multiple times.

When I’d see an element I want to block I’d create a rule with Brave and it would remove it from view so I’d think it was gone. The next time I’d visit the page it would be there again and I’d make another rule thinking it was a different element.

So this time I set the rule and refreshed the page to verify and it keeps coming back. I tried blocking the same element using uBlock Origin and it sticks without issue.

Here are the relevant rules from Brave

fishingreport.friscorodandgun.com###autoptimize_admin_feed

and here is the working rule from uBlock

! 2021-10-08 https://fishingreport.friscorodandgun.com

You can see the multiple failed attempts in the Brave rules. I didn’t put my entire list from Brave but I can see that I have many instances of duplicate rules that haven’t worked.

I feel like this has to be something simple like a setting, but I can’t figure it out.

I really like Brave browser, but support is rubbish.

I guess this is just broke and either they can’t or wont fix it.

I suggest using uBlock on top of Brave if anyone else lands here.

I really like Brave browser, but support is rubbish.

Support isn’t rubbish. It’s nonexistent. Were it not for the occasional so-called “update” I would think Brave is abandoned. It’s too bad because on many fronts it does things better than other browsers.