Blinking text cursor appearing on webpages

So this issue has been reported before, but always by Windows users. I am a Mac user, and hitting f7 did not fix the issue.

Description of the issue:

• The blinking cursor that indicates where you are typing is appearing where it is not supposed to. For example, let’s say you are scrolling through a news article, and you click on a piece of normal text, and the blinking cursor appears there. You cannot type anything there, but using the arrow keys moves it normally, and the Home/End keys move it to the end of the line.
    This is an issue since I can’t move up or down the page with the arrow keys or Home/End keys. The page up/down keys are a little janky with it too, for some reason.

How can this issue be reproduced?

• I do not know what caused this issue, but it may have been some odd keyboard shortcut that I hit at one point that makes it do that, since I do not have this problem with any other browser. I have tried quitting and restarting Brave, and the issue persists. It’s enough of a bother, I’ve been using firefox until I can resolve this. My computerhas also been restarted several times since this issue started.

Expected result:

• I expect to know the keyboard shortcut to disable this, or another way to do so.

Brave Version:

• Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (x86_64)
    MacOs Version:
    Catalina 10.15.7

Additional Information:

• No additional info.

@pickle_hands,
I believe Fn + F7 will do this.

I too am a Mac user. I have the same issue. F7 did not help for me either.

Versions:

• Brave: 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (x86_64)
  • MacOS: Big Sur 11.4 (20F71)

I have also seen this on Chrome before switching to Brave.

For macOS it needs to be Fn + F7, not just F7

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.