Black bar at the bottom of the startup screen

There’s a black bar at the bottom of the Brave startup screen that doesn’t really look like it should be there. The black bar started appearing after the last Brave version update.

When I open a web site and navigate back to the start page, the black bar isn’t there. It’s only there when I start the browser.

I’m using Nexus 5X / Android 7.1.2.

Issue on home page

Hi @niktheblak. Thank you for reporting that. We were able to reproduce it and fixed it already https://github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs/issues/242. The fix will be available on the upcoming update.

I don’t know if this is the same problem I have or not. I’m using brave-0.15.2-1 on my Linux desktop computer (not a phone). Here is a picture of what I often see:

@KenJackson nope it’s definitely a different problem related to desktop browser only. CC @alex, @sriram

I am still facing the problem of black bar on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Android 6.0.1, Brave 1.0.21.
Please help!

Hi @sappy,

If I’m not wrong, it’s because latest version is 1.0.21 and the fix will be releases in next version. :slight_smile:
Thank you.

@eljuno
Thanks for the reply! Alright, I will wait for the next update. Fingers crossed :slight_smile: