Bitwarden Extension

I have have been using Brave for a few days and I am very impressed with its design and performance.
It has all the features that I am looking for in a modern browser.

I now wish to implement the Bitwarden Password Manager, but have discovered a few problems:

1. I have enabled Bitwarden (1.14.2) via the Extensions option on the Preferences tab. The shield icon toggles ON/OFF as expected.
  2. The Security option on the Preferences tab does not show Bitwarden as an available Password Manager in the drop-down list.
  3. The Bitwarden shield icon is shown when launching a New Tab, but not when moving to a searched page.
  4. The Bitwarden shield icon also does not appear when selecting bookmarked pages.
  5. I have checked that Bitwarden operates correctly with the Firefox browser.

System details:

Brave 0.18.14
rev ad92d02
Muon 4.3.6
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.78
V8 6.0.286.44
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 10.0.15063
OS Architecture x64

Bug avec Bitwarden
Bitwarden extension?

Hi, the issues on bitwarden are tracked here:

best,

Hi @wyvern,

With our last release, we unintentionally enabled bitwarden even though there were still some known issues

Our next release will fix all of our known issues (tracking issue above shows most of them). If you’re willing to try a preview build, you can enable that under “Advanced options” (requires a restart). This should get you a new version of Brave which resolves several known bitwarden issues

Thanks
Brian

Hi @clifton,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my Post.

I didn’t release that there was such a comprehensive tracking system on Github and that many of the issues are already in hand.

I will try a preview build and look forward to the next release!

Kind regards,
Stephen

I have tried preview build ed66917, and it seems to have fixed the Bitwarden issues that I mentioned.

Thank you all for your efforts.

Stephen

Hi @clifton,

All of a sudden, Bitwarden has stopped working. The shield icon shows at the top of the screen, but it is never populated with log-in data. I have not, knowingly, changed any software versions which are:

Brave: 0.18.23
rev: 36ae2ec06efed0057ae16351108bf4d4c10a7ab4
Muon: 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.90
V8: 6.0.286.52
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64

Bitwarden still works with Firefox so the link to the Repository would appear to be OK.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Hi @wyvern,

With our latest update, we removed the bitwarden extension. We didn’t intend to ship this yet- it still needs additional testing and bug fixes. We’re getting really close with it though

Here is the parent issue which you can subscribe to for updates:

Thanks for hanging in there with us- hopefully we’ll have this in our next version (0.19) :slight_smile:
Brian

I’ll wait patiently for Bitwarden in the next release. It’s a great
extension.

Kind regards
Stephen

Hi Brian,

Updates seem to be coming thick and fast at the moment. How close are we to the next version (0.19) with Bitwarden?

Update 0.18.3 shows it as an extension, but it is not yet available as a password manager.

Ever hopeful,

Stephen

Hi clifton,

Eagerly awaiting having bitwarden back in Brave browser, is there a way to track this? https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/4776 is closed.

Thanks!

Bitwarden extension?

Hey there folks (@wyvern, @swaroop)

We’re working on the 0.19.x release right now- this has BitWarden. We don’t have proper beta/developer/nightly channels yet, so if you were on a beta release before, a newer “Stable” release may have overwritten your version. We are working to resolve that issue

We’re scheduled to release this on Sep 19th :slight_smile: Stay tuned

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian.

I look forward to the 19th September!

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Kind regards,

Stephen

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.