Bitcoins from previous wallet never made it to new BAT wallet

Hi guys ,

A week back was testing this payments functionality and transferred 5 USD worth of Bitcoin in the address provided at the time (my wallet).The balance looks good and all.

After the upgrade looks like only BAT will be used going forward. However I haven’t seen the bitcoin in my existing wallet tranferred to BAT>

hi, that issue will be investigated next week. best,

I use two instances of Brave (work - windows and home - linux) and in both cases I get message that conversion is being made in background, but its been more than 50 hours now and still nothing.

Please wait while we convert your Bitcoin to BAT.
This can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, due to the Bitcoin transaction confirmation process, and will continue normally even if you quit Brave.

After turning payments off and on the payments settings started to show sites ranking again, but the BTC has not been converted to BAT (although there was a message that after 30 minutes it will happen - 30 minutes passed already few hours ago)

me too i have one in windows and one in Mint Linux. I havent seen any conversion on either. Will wait a bit more.

Hi @strugk

We have been seeing long wait times for some users. Here is a bit of general information on the wait time: BAT transfer not showing up in Brave browser

Thanks,
Lauren

cc @kamil @evq

Hi @LaurenWags,

I also had the same problems as mentioned above. This morning (CEST) before work the wallet conversion started and the screen was still giving me the bouncing balls. So I closed Brave (and PC) and went to work. I started Brave about two hours back after coming home. And still the bouncing balls and a notification thanking me for my monthly donation: something that should not happen for 10 more days.

I switched off the Brave Payments and switched it back on again. I again got a notification that my payment was processed, but this time it was followed by the notification that the wallet conversion would be ready in 30 minutes.

Now however I see something that does not compute. My wallet now contains 0.01 BAT. I added 0.01002600 BTC to my wallet on 26 September, so the conversion did not work. Apart from that my monthly payment now stands on a whopping 25 BAT (140860.00 USD). My other choices are 50, 75 and 100 BAT.

I tried to recover my old wallet, but to no avail: the keys are not accepted.

Any idea what I can do to fix this? Because following the link you supplied does not give me any new insights or solutions.

Install data:

Brave: 0.19.53
rev: e09025bf61debc46c03459def2501b3367f182d7
Muon: 4.4.29
libchromiumcontent: 61.0.3163.100
V8: 6.1.534.41
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Linux
OS Release: 4.10.0-37-generic
OS Architecture: x64

Hi @1pixie1,

Are you still having a problem? If so, I have a couple of questions for you that I’m hoping you can answer so I can better investigate.

1. Does this generally describe your scenario: Had a wallet with BTC, updated Brave, got stuck on animation (3 bouncing balls), closed/reopened Brave, animation finished, but you just don’t see your account balance displayed. If this isn’t correct, please update where it is incorrect.
  2. If you are able to click on the ‘Add Funds’ button, could you please private message me your BAT address?
  3. If you are unable to click on the ‘Add Funds’ button, can you navigate to your brave folder (%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\brave on Windows, /.config/brave on Linux) and let me know if there is a file called ledger-newstate.json in both folders.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @strugk ,

Are you still having a problem? If so, I have a couple of questions for you that I’m hoping you can answer so I can better investigate.

1. Does this generally describe your scenario: Had a wallet with BTC, updated Brave, got stuck on animation (3 bouncing balls), toggled payments off/on, animation finished, but you just don’t see your account balance displayed. If this isn’t correct, please update where it is incorrect.
  2. If you are able to click on the ‘Add Funds’ button, could you please private message me your BAT address?
  3. If you are unable to click on the ‘Add Funds’ button, can you navigate to your brave folder (%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\brave on Windows, /.config/brave on Linux) and let me know if there is a file called ledger-newstate.json in both folders.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @disfit

1. From your comment, this is what I gather your scenario to be (generally): Had a wallet with BTC, updated Brave, got stuck on animation (3 bouncing balls), closed/reopened Brave, still saw animation, toggled payments off/on, no more animation, but you just don’t see your account balance displayed correctly. If this isn’t correct, please update where it is incorrect.
  2. Based on the above, could you please click on the 'Add Funds’ button, and private message me your BAT address?
  3. If you are unable to click on the ‘Add Funds’ button or if there isn’t a BAT address, can you navigate to your brave folder (found in /.config/brave on Linux) and let me know if there is a file called ledger-newstate.json.

Because your conversion rates don’t seem correct, I do have another thing we can try, but am hoping to obtain the above information first.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @LaurenWags
I do still experience problems.
Situation diverged on different OSes.
Linux has three dots jumping even after off/on action, Windows show 0,00 balance (but also displays crazy suggested amount of suggested monthly payment ~140kUSD, which it says is equal to 25 BAT, if I remember correctly - not using Win now)

Checked .config/brave - there is mentioned file and it has been modified and accessed around 5 days ago according to my filesystem

I will b able to send you my BAT address from brave at windows in 9-10 hours.

Thanks @strugk - that crazy value is actually in BTC not USD which is definitely another issue.

Could you copy/paste the information from ledger-newstate.json on your linux machine into a private message on here for me? I can start working with the team to investigate that.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @LaurenWags,

Yes, unfortunately still the same problem. Even the notification of my 10 USD contribution when I toggle payments off/on for the first time after starting up. As to your questions:

1. Correct.
  2. There is no BAT address shown.
  3. The file exists and I will PM you the contents as you requested/suggested later in this thread on a similar problem.

If you think of anything else you might need or I can do: let me know, I am happy to help where I can.

Thanks,

disfit

@LaurenWags
I would like to send you my BAT address, but I don’t know where to find it. It is not displayed in my ‘add funds’ dialog.

That’s ok @strugk - based on what you had said about your scenario I’m not surprised, was just hoping it was displayed (sounds like you’re looking in the right place).

Add me to the list. I saw the three balls screen since last week, then this morning toggled payments off/on. It told me I would have BAT in 30 minutes about 8 hours ago, but still nothing reflected in account balance. There is a file called ledger-newstate.json in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\brave.

I can click on “Add Funds”, but when I go in there, no BAT address is displayed. It says, "Go to your external BAT account and send BAT to your Brave wallet address below: ", but the field where the address should be is blank.

@invic

Can you private message me the following information

1. the first backup key for your previous (BTC) wallet if you have it
  2. your approximate BTC balance in your previous wallet, if known
  3. contents of the ledger-newstate.json file

Thanks!
Lauren

Hello @LaurenWags,

I just upgraded to the new version of Brave 0.19.61 on Win10 and my previous Bitcoin balance didn’t transfer to the BAT wallet. Please advise.

Best,
mr_jamie

Hi @mr_jamie

Could you please private message me the following information:

1. Do you still see an animation on the payments page (3 bouncing balls)? Or do you see something else on this page?
  2. Does this generally describe your scenario: Had a wallet with BTC, updated Brave, got stuck on animation (3 bouncing balls), closed/opened Brave once (or possibly multiple times), still see animation. If this isn’t correct, please update where it is incorrect.
  3. If you are able to click on the ‘Add Funds’ button, could you please private message me your BAT address?
  4. If you are unable to click on the ‘Add Funds’ button, can you navigate to your brave folder (%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\brave on Windows) and let me know if there is a file called ledger-newstate.json in this folder.
  5. If you have your recovery keys for your previous BTC wallet, could you please send me your first recovery key at this time? Also, the approximate amount of BTC in your wallet (if known).

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.