Bing sign in not working

I had Bing set up as my default search engine and had an account there with specific search settings saved there. While using Brave, I always had to allow all the cookies to keep myself signed in all the time. That is not working now. Even after allowing all cookies does not remember my sign in. I tried disabling Brave shield altogether. But even now Brave does not remember my sign in. The search page in fact showing i have not signed in.
Latest Brave Dev and Beta as of 01/30/2019. Windows 10.
Thanks
Nellaibrave_bing

3 Likes

Since no reply so far… i leave my next comment here.
I prefer signing into my bing.com website. But its not working in all channels of Brave.
I tried latest Brave Developer, Brave Beta and Brave Release (as of 02/09/2019) downloaded from Brave.com website.

1. Go to bing.com website
  2. Sign in with your outlook account
  3. The sign in is not working it still shows “sign in”
  4. Allow “all third party cookies” for bing.com - still not working
  5. completely disable brave shield - still not working

Earlier it used to work when I allow “all third party cookies” and I do not need to disable brave shield. Can Dev team look in to this.
Thanks

3 Likes

@Mattches @eljuno any work around for this?
Thanks.

Whoa, strange that this didn’t get answered. Sorry @nellaiseemai, that’s on me.
Catching up on/digging into your issue now.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks for pointing this out. Looks like I can reproduce this, not sure what the issue is exactly but Shields and other settings have no effect. I’ll be filing this tonight - good catch.

1 Like

I just came here searching for the same issue, been fighting it for a week or two since switching back to Brave. I’m just glad I’m not the only one!

1 Like

Hey @nellaiseemai, thanks for raising this. I run in the same issue. All shields down when trying to sign in on bing.com I am redirected to a login page, then redirected to the bing page without being logged in at all.

2 Likes

Just adding my two cents. I also have the issue where I cannot sign into Bing.

2 Likes

Can any/everyone here confirm that selecting Allow all cookies in the Shields panel does or doesn’t resolve the problem (or at least allow login)? It’s mentioned in this issue here:

@Mattches - I first allowed all cookies and still could not sign in. I then went full shields down but still could not sign in. For context, I used ghostery and other blockers within Firefox and am still able to sign into Bing.

1 Like

Hey @Mattches, thanks for the heads-up. It appears that this issue does not occur anymore on my side, even with the shields up and 3rd-party cookies blocked.

@Mattches I’m still not able to sign in with either shields up or down. Sounds like progress is being made though so my fingers are crossed.

2 Likes

@braveac,
Can you try signing in using a Private window (or Private w/tor) session?

@Mattches I just tried in a private window and it was no different. After signing in I end up stuck on this page:

If I click the link, I am redirected to bing.com but am still signed out.

Can you confirm which Brave version you’re currently using?

I think it is just brave specific issue.
Its still not working either with all cookies allowed for bing.com or with shield down.
It is also not working in private window even with shield down.

Brave latest version:
Version 0.64.7 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit) - downloaded from official website and fresh install.

Thanks
Nellai

1 Like

@Mattches I am on Version 0.61.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can see the issues you’re having when testing on my Win10 machine now.

I found an issue open for this but I’ve added this thread to it so devs can see everyone’s report and also tagged someone to hopefully breathe some new life into the issue so we can get it resolved.
Issue can be viewed here:

Thank you all for your patience.

1 Like

Same issue on my Mac.
Version 0.61.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I tried logging in a Private window and it took me to my login screen, but as soon as I entered my password, it reset back to Bing without being logged in.

I tried logging in a Private window w/tor, and it went a little further - I entered my password and then it asked for my 2-factor approval using my phone app, but then still me reset back to Bing without being logged in.

Both of these got me a little closer to being logged in than the non-private window. In a non-private window, I never even get prompted for my account - I just get reset back to the Bing page.

Thanks for following up!

1 Like