Better Heat & Power Management on macOS

I’ve been using Brave (Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)) now for a few days and have noticed a bit of excess heat and greater than normal power consumption by the browser than I would expect from a slimmed down Chromium based browser on macOS 10.14.4 – my machine is a mid 2015, retina macbook pro 2.2ghz with iris pro 5200 graphics.

To put it into perspective, I’m comparing the heat and power consumption of Brave to the latest version of Chrome. It seems that the Chrome version with HTTPS everywhere, Adguard and the LastPass extensions loaded use less power and create less heat than the Brave browser with only LastPass loaded (I don’t bother with the other two, Brave handles them by default)

I’m not trying to simply complain–it just feels to me like there could potentially be some optimizations made within the software to get it to be more easy on the CPU and GPU which in turn would create less heat and use less energy.

I’m not a programmer or engineer–I’m simply using my voice to help get this project on track with its biggest competitor because I truly believe in the cause of privacy and competition in the tech world.