BAT tokens lost after Gemini account got blocked

Briefly describe your issue:

Few days prior to November 10th my dad decided to verify his Brave wallet by linking it to Gemini account. He accumulated about 17,5 BAT. After linking the wallet with Gemini, funds have of course disappeared, which I know is normal. It simply takes a lot more days to transfer BATs to Gemini wallet.

But in the middle of the whole process, my dad missed a verification email from Gemini and for not clicking the verification link, his Gemini account got closed on the spot…

We’ve tried to email Gemini about the situation. They didn’t want to explain anything at first, but after some tries, they at least let us now that my dad’s BAT tokens never actually made it to Gemini.

And now the whole problem: we’ve unlinked Gemini and now there is 0,00 BAT tokens on Brave wallet as well… They’re just gone.

My dad would like to retrieve them, but what information do we need to give you in order to let you isolate our case and locate lost BATs? I’ve tried finding some address for Brave wallet, but unfortunately - no luck.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Operating system: Windows 10 Home (21H1)

Brave version: 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official version) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

No.

What date did you verify your wallet?

Don’t remember exactly… Maybe something between November 5th and 8th.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Payments to Brave browser wallet? Sure. Without any problems.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes (Poland)