BAT sent to wallet not appearing in browser wallet?

I sent a little over 28 BAT from a Coinbase account to the address of the wallet in my Brave browser yet Brave is displaying 0 BAT.

I obtained the BAT address via the “brave://wallet” URL, clicking the BAT asset under account 1, and ‘view on Etherscan’. It is https://etherscan.io/address/0x0d8775f648430679a709e98d2b0cb6250d2887ef. I entered that address as the recipient for the 28 BAT on Coinbase and it was confirmed as a valid BAT address and sent. The transaction hash is 0x24413d4e59b6aeeda61d032f45aa60ef37e283b71e6ea9869425efaa8bbade2b. It is reported as a success.

Any ideas why the Brave wallet is not identifying these BAT?

Thanks!

E.G.

Hello @egonline,

Just to make sure. Did you mean you not see your BAT in your brave:wallet wallet, right?

Seems like you sent the BAT to BAT contract address and not to your Crypto Wallet (brave:wallet) address. cc @Mattches for confirmation.

1 Like

Yes I believe that is the case.

I think that’s what I did there. Is there any recourse? Coinbase had no problem sending the BAT to the address, and recognized it as a valid address.

Unfortunately since you sent it to the contract address there is no recourse that I’m aware of. Very sorry for the inconvenience :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.