BAT sent from my uphold account to "Brave" Without me knowing

Description of the issue:
BAT was taken from my uphold account from “Brave Software International” on November 15th 2020, 11:46:51 AM. I do not have automatic contributions or anything of that sort turned on. The Reservechain transaction ID

1f5edce9-b47c-41dc-8fd8-454faffe940e

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Screenshot 2020-12-06 202443

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave Version: Version 1.17.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Transfer your BAT out of your Uphold account. This has happened to me twice now with 20 BAT and Brave won’t help me get it back.

2 Likes

It is kind of alarming that this continues to happen and no one from the Brave team seems to have an answer. It is one of the reasons I withdraw from Uphold as soon as possible.

If you do not want to withdraw because of high network fees, for example, at least move the BAT from your Browser wallet to the regular BAT wallet. Here is a simple guide on how to do that: Move BAT From Browser Wallet On Uphold

5 Likes

If you do not want to withdraw because of high network fees, for example, at least move the BAT from your Browser wallet to the regular BAT wallet. Here is a simple guide on how to do that: Move BAT From Browser Wallet On Uphold

Thanks for the tip! I’m clueless to cryptocurrency. Prior to this, I had transferred the BAT to my private ETH wallet. But transferring to the Uphold wallet is commission-free and still protects my BAT from Brave. :money_with_wings::shield: :no_entry::lion:

1 Like

Happy to help. Once I started seeing these kind of posts pop up I made it a point to move the BAT out of the Brave Browser Wallet asap.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. I can help to troubleshoot. A few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold?
  • If so, can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Again, I posted about this days ago and have not heard anything from you or the support team.

@achiandet thanks for your patience. We are not here on weekends. Please see my reply and send the requested info. Thanks.

I have both my Desktop and laptop connected to Uphold.

Screenshot from desktop:

Screenshots from laptop:

Hi @lemniscate - I see that 20 BAT was added to your queue on 11/15. Did you ever disable Auto-contribute?

It happend to me too even though I had turned off auto-contribute. Brave auto send to @BravePublishers. It was a small amount but it irritated me a lot. Brave staff, please check and stop that error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.