BAT rewards not received since October 2021

Hi Guys,

Briefly describe your issue:
I currently don’t receive BAT rewards since October 2021.
I do receive ads and notice the monthly ads reward estimation.
Unfortunately, the reward estimated month after month is just not adding to my balance anymore and I do not see any claim process.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
macOS Version 11.7.2 (Build 20G1020)
1.47.171 Chromium: 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
No

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Approximatively stopped after 2020 I guess.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices?
Yes

Could you try verifying and see if you get a profile flagged error ?

No, its too invasive and I don’t put trust in Uphold security since its my only option for verifying which request my home address, number phone and so on…

Besides, BAT rewards are not advertised as verification is mandatory.

No I mean even if you don’t have an account just try clicking on it and then tell me if any error is received.

That was not true earlier. The thing is BAT was always meant more to be of to support creators and not a money making mechanism. So if you wanna make money you need to do KYC / AML with Uphold /Gemini to create account to comply with Government rules & regulations.
Earlier, you could have unverified profile and keep claimig BATs in rewards wallet and tip creators, and if you wish to verify, you could cash them out.
But from somewhere around February thats gonna be changing so that only verified profiles can earn BATs. If not connected to cutodian then all BATs earned will automatically transfer to creators.

I clicked on unverified and its open the process for verification until its open the options, I could go to Uphold and start the steps, no error.

It’s not a money mechanism, I never tried to retrieve the coins.
I prefer to hodl and see the project grow and contribute if its working again.

Okay. I guess its better to raise a ticket anyway.
Raise one at

From there, Brave’s team will look into it.
Do share the ticket ID so that support team can help right away if they see this post.

Okay. What do you mean by work again BTW ?

“work again” the earning mechanism via ads.
Nevertheless, I will raise a ticket.
Thank you for your help and the information above.

It does work I guess. I don’t understand what you are talking about. Anyway, happy that I could be of help :slight_smile:

No problem, have a great day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.