BAT Never Sent to Wallet

My estimated pending awards had around $3.40 worth of BAT in it on July 4th and then once July 5th hit I saw most of that BAT had disappeared, I checked my wallet and the only money in there is from the July 4th reward I got.

I noticed I still had about $1 in my estimated rewards after most of my BAT was taken out, I gave it until today to see if it’s just delayed and I still haven’t gotten my BAT in my wallet!
I’m running Debian 9 on Version 0.66.99 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I also have auto-contribution turned off (one of the first things I did when getting the browser)

I haven’t reinstalled or switched any devices, I hope this doesn’t happen to my publisher wallet too! Do I just have to wait longer? Thank you

1 Like

is auto contribution turned ON ? probably it went through automatically because you visited some sites. it’s a common user mistake imo. please turn it OFF if you want. once Bat went. it went. you tipped.

2 Likes

Thank you, I have it turned off already and I’ve edited my post to include this info now. I’m still not sure where the BAT went

1 Like

if it was in your browser wallet. then may be it is a bug or something, which only @admins or developers probably can answer about.

1 Like

Hi @Soarin, just to make sure I understand, on July 4th, you had 3.4BAT? Then you claimed some rewards on the 4th and it your estimated pending earnings went down to ~$1. If so, this should be intended behavior because the rewards available to claim were from your previous month’s ad earnings. Once you claim those, your estimated balance drops to reflect the new amount of estimated earnings you have coming.

1 Like

Thank you for the response! I had around 12 BAT, I am confused by this cycle now though. does this mean I’ll get my BAT to my wallet next month?

The rewards were given to me as a grant so I didn’t think it’d be my overall BAT since it was only around $1.50, and the estimated earnings had a few dollars in there.

When I do check my wallet it says 6.5 BAT rewarded from ads, but I had 13-14 BAT in my estimated earnings before the 5th. Is that supposed to happen? Does estimated earnings usually go down that much?

1 Like

no. not at all. 1 BAT remains 1 BAT. it changes when you convert it to other currency like USD.

2 Likes

I think this post here may clear up a lot of confusion:

2 Likes

I see now, I assumed that July 4th was just a grant for a holiday but after reading that it is now apparent that was me transferring my money and the rest in there will be sent next payout date. Is this correct?

Looking at how much is in the estimated earnings & how much is in my wallet right now equals exactly what I was expecting. Thank you for the info, I do have one more question I hope can be resolved (will make another post if I have to).

How would I transfer my “current estimated earnings” and export my Brave profile to be imported to another OS? I plan on switching Linux distros and last time I did this I lost all my BAT, I’d like to avoid that. Thank you!

1 Like

@Soarin,
You can backup your wallet in Rewards Settings:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve done that before but it didn’t recover my estimated earnings. Is there a way to get that to transfer?

1 Like

I found in my .cache folder the BraveSoftware -> Brave-Browser and I see it has all my profiles there, would that transfer everything in Brave to my next distro or would there be issues?

Thank you

if you want to transfer your BAT wallet balance from current installation of brave browser.

Go to Brave Rewards, Backup your current 24 word wallet seed words. note it down on a paper or something like that. install new distro or what you want.
then Restore it via that 24 word seed in NEW Installation.
your old wallet will be restored.

Thank you, I’ve done this and it worked. The first time around after restoring my wallet I never got my estimated earnings recovered so I assumed it wouldn’t have worked, happy to see it does now.

Thank you for all the help

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.