Bat missing when verifying my wallet with gemini

Briefly describe your issue:
I had 5.5 bat before verifying my wallet using gemini. When I verified its all gone.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows
V1.35.100
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes
What date did you verify your wallet?
07/02/2022
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
no this was the first try
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

1 Like

@FlyGuy Your BAT aren’t missing, they were just packaged up with a bow on top and sent over to Gemini for you. Up to this point with an unverified wallet, your BAT were being stored in your browser. Once you verified, it started processing and sending over to Gemini to hold onto the BAT for you in a more secure environment.

With millions of payments being sent out to users, there can be congestion and not arrive as fast as we’d like. Most of us users should see our BAT appear by Monday night. then a handful of others may be stuck waiting a little longer.

Thanks for the info. But why don’t you get a heads up or something? How am I supposed to know it could take a week?

@FlyGuy They say it in different ways at different places. For example, check out Ads Payout Status Update

Are payouts still processing?
Although Brave Ads payout transactions begin on 7th of each month, it may take several days to fully process the large list of transactions. You may therefore see other users receiving their payouts before yours arrives. The team will keep everyone updated about payout progress

That link is actually in your Brave Rewards, where it says Rewards are coming and keep an eye out. In that same post up top, they try to show the status of payments but it’s not always accurate. Plus people get confused, as they see green and think it means it’s good but it doesn’t. Like check this portion I’m copying below:

• Verified Uphold wallets: :green_circle: Payments Processing
  • Verified Gemini wallets: :red_circle: Payments Complete
  • Unverified wallets: :green_circle: Ready to Claim (check your Brave Rewards)

You’ll see the difference between Uphold, Gemini, and Unverified wallets in terms of Ready to Claim, Processing, and Payments Complete.

That just refers to things from Brave’s end. So while payments are complete, that doesn’t guarantee Gemini is caught up and showing that for all accounts. It just means it’s all been sent. When it says Processing it means they are totaling everything up and preparing to send out.

Phrasing gets confusing. I remember when I first joined and saw Payments Complete, I panicked because I thought I didn’t get it. But then like a day or two later it appeared in my Uphold account.

So its been a week sinds the last reply and I still only have the 0.25 bat from january. I’ve been patient. It can’t take that long can it?

@FlyGuy Rarely, but at this point it’s definitely enough issues. Not sure if you had seen post of mine today, but at this point it’s all about messaging Steeven or Mattches with the information they need. Then hoping they can respond fairly quickly.

I just wish I knew where the issues were. The other day, Gemini was down for maintenance again on their side. Not sure the current status. Uphold supposedly went through and I see a lot who said they received payment, but that doesn’t mean it’s everyone.

Well finaly got the bat. I guess it came with the februari payout.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.