BAT funds distributed today yet 'No previous contributions' listed in Payments tab

Hello,

Today I added some BAT to my wallet for the first time and it was distributed, I assume, to the channels I have pinned. In the Payments tab of the Brave browser I can see the date of next month below ‘Next contribution:’ Yet below ‘Previous contribution;’ it states ‘No previous contributions’ Should it not mention today’s date or does it take a while, or has an error taken place?

Kind regards,

Hi @PhantomSquids

What makes you think it was distributed?

Lauren

Hey Lauren,

Because my account balance went to zero on the same day I added the funds which was November 17th. Also, ‘Next contribution:’ now states the date ‘December 17th’ which implies a contribution made on November 17th. Yet if that were so then why does it state ‘No previous contribution’ under ‘Last contribution made:’?

Kind regards,

Hi @PhantomSquids

I’m not 100% sure you did make a contribution, I’m wondering if maybe your balance isn’t being displayed correctly. First, I’d check the Payment History (top right of the payment page, next to the gear icon). If you could click on that (if it’s not grayed out) and see if you have a contribution statement? In the image below, my icon is grayed out. If yours looks like this then you don’t have any contribution statements to view.

16 AM

Thanks,
Lauren

Hey Lauren,

Thanks for the quick reply and information, on my end the button is also grayed out. I will wait for some type of confirmation (that my funds have been distributed) before I add more money to my wallet.

Kind regards,

Sure, no problem. If you’d like, you can private message me your backup keywords and I can ask one of my teammates to review on the server to see if a contribution was indeed made or if there is a balance display issue. Let me know!

Thanks,
Lauren

I’m not sure if this is the proper place to post, or if its better to create a new post, but I had a similar experience happen. I deposited about ~$15 a month ago. Payments were scheduled to be made December 3rd. I did not use Brave on the 3rd, but opened up my browser on the 4th and “next contribution” said “Today”. I got a popup on the 4th that said “your brave wallet is awaiting a deposit” or something to that effect. I ignored it, because I knew there was already BAT in my wallet. Today (dec 5th) when I log in, I see that my next contribution date has been moved forward a month, my wallet balance has been deducted by 25 BAT, but I have no record of previous contributions and did not receive a popup to confirm if payment should be sent. Also, the time spent on websites was not reset for the new month.

Hi @rdiaz

We do have a known issue where you are seeing the ‘need a deposit’ message, it is logged here and scheduled for a release soon: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/12078

Regarding not having an updated contribution date, can you please leave Brave open for a bit of time (not more than 1-2 hours) and let me know if this updates (along with your contribution history)? We do know that this can take a bit of time to update. If you do not see updated info, please let me know your OS and I’ll provide instructions on how to obtain additional information for investigation.

Thanks,
Lauren

Thanks @LaurenWags !!

I’ll leave Brave open a bit longer and let you know if it updates after a bit.

Best,
Richard

Still no update @LaurenWags. I’m using Windows 10 Pro version 1703

Thanks @rdiaz - I’ve been doing some testing around this myself this afternoon and after that plus conferring with some teammates I think we’ve hit this issue: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/12055

Lauren

Thanks @LaurenWags - is there anything else you need from me on this issue? If not I’ll just check in from time to time on the github

Thanks @rdiaz - at the moment, I don’t believe we need any additional information. I may reach out later though if that changes.

Best,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.