BAT disappearing fast, with no record of where it went or how much more will be consumed

Description of the issue:
I’ve been using Brave for some time now (not really sure how many months), and I’ve told Brave to auto contribute 10 BAT every month, and I’ve been watching ads to build up my BAT. I’ve recently gotten my wallet verified, and then I started adding BAT to my Brave Browser card at Uphold. But as fast as I move money in the Brave Browser card, it gets spent by my browser. I’m currently looking at the October Rewards Summary, and it is showing that I’ve contributed -252.6 BAT. (Each time I added money to the Brave Browser card, this number increased a corresponding amount.)

I can add more money to the Brave Browser card, but I have no idea how much more BAT it thinks I need. Another $2? Another $200?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Not sure what to tell you. I can add another $10 to my Brave Browser card, and see if it empties out again. And where did all this BAT go??? I’ve hardly used this computer in October, and Brave is showing me that I’ve only visited 4 sites. So what all sites are getting all this BAT???

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
I would like to see:

1. A list of sites that I received BAT from me, and how much.
  2. When I’m running a BAT deficit, I would like to know how deep in the red I am.

Reproduces how often:
4 or 5 times today.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 7, fully patched & updated.
Brave 0.70.121

Additional Information:
None for now.

check for auto contribute under reward/ settings
is it on ?

Yes, the monthly limit is set to 10.0 BAT. If I understand this correctly, it should distribute 10 BAT every month (across all the sites I visit).

Hi @JimBurd, sorry we missed you!

Can you send me a screenshot of your Rewards panel (notably, the summary section where deposits, contributions etc.) are displayed?

Also, if you can go to brave://rewards-internals and send me a PM containing all of the data there? (do NOT post it publicly as someone could use that information to steal your wallet!). You can just type that URL directly into the address bar and it’ll take you to the internal data page.

There was a known glitch with auto-contribute; if you were affected we can get you refunded for the lost BAT.

I too have had a similar problem. I have set autocontribute to off, but I still have BAT being withdrawn, but I have no idea to where. I have had autocontribute set to off since the beginning. Can I also send you a PM with my info so that you can look into it?
Thank you.

I thought I had replied to this a while ago, but I don’t see any replies as having been sent within this thread? The computer that had this problem is at home and powered off, while I am on the road and won’t be home till January 1st or so.

Hi Jim,

If you give me your Uphold email address linked to your Brave account I can process a refund for you. What was the estimated amount you lost?

My Uphold email address is: [email protected]

I’m not sure how much was lost, as I was intending to be donating regularly. I had originally moved $50 into my Uphold account, and I believe that I had spent $10 so far (give or take). So then the remaining $40 was sucked out of my Uphold account. But I have no idea if $5 or $10 of that went to legit content providers I visited (for the most recent month of activity), or if it all just vanished into the ether.

Thanks very much for your help,

-Jim

Hey @JimBurd , I issued you a refund for your missing BAT. It went directly to your Uphold account. Appreciate your patience and understanding with us!

Hello Asad,

I have had a similar issue to Jim. I have had some BAT randomly disappear via AutoContribute. I have no idea how it got turned on or where it went. Randomly, one day in November, I was checking my rewards and it said autocontribute -20,0 BAT, but it didn’t say where it went. Also, checking the autocontribute button, it was turned off. I turned it on and back off again to see if that did anything. Now the autocontribute has gone from my rewards summary, but so has my November projected earning. I can’t seem to find a way to find out where everything has gone. I’m on macOS 10.14.6.

Steps to reproduce:
Not sure how… it happened randomly.

Actual results:
BAT gone without me choosing to contribute, and without me knowing where it has gone.

Reproduces:
Only one time. And now I can’t even see it for a screenshot.

OS/Brave:
macOS 10.14.6
Brave Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

That’s all. Let me know if you need anymore information.

Hi Cliff,

Can you send me a PM with your Uphold email address? I can send you a refund directly. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.