BAT conversion if possible

I know nothing about Bitcoin but one friend wants me to start buying small. My BAT is currently 49 dollars US. Perfect way to start. Can I convert my BAT to Bitcoin when it gets over 50?

Thanks for all you do,
Craig

Em well, if you have your founds in uphold you can exchange it for bitcoin.

I know nothing about Bitcoin and when my friend asked me I thought I would ask you. I just see it in the BAT icon I don’t know where it is.

I appreciate it,
Craig

Well, I hope you have an uphold account sync with your brave browser. At the end of the month (regularly) all BAT earn or stored locally is transfered to your verified uphold account, from there you can:

Exchange it for other crypto
Exchange it for your local currency (if it´s supported)
Send it to other crypto wallets
And/Or deposit the founds to your bank account (if UPHOLD has agreements with banks in your country).

Any way, once you have your BAT on your UPHOLD account, to change it to Bitcoin you can do this:

On Desktop

1. Go to your main panel and select the card that you whant to change, in this case would be the orange one with the BRAVE BROWSER litany.

2. Afther that select the option “send” (the sky blue card).

3. Select where you want to deposit it, in this case select the option that says BTC on the list. Then write the amount of BAT to convert (in my case i´m writing the amount in dollars).

4. One you finish you can click in confirm. It will show you a popup, just click confirm again.

For mobile using the android UPHOLD app:

1. Once installed and open you will see the main panel, on the bottom menu bar select the third option (Transact)

1. Then select the wallet with founds to exchange (in my case a USD wallet, in yours your BAT wallet). Then select the amount of BAT (in my case dollars) to convert. Afther that scroll down and click on “Confirm”

1. Once you do that it will show you a popup, just click in confirm.

PD: sorry if i have gramatical and/or ortografical errors, but my english is rusty, i do my best

I will read how to do that. I just know it keeps adding up but I know little more.

But I appreciate it,
Craig

| ambrocioisaias2808
June 17 |

• | - |

Well, I hope you have an uphold account sync with your brave browser. At the end of the month (regularly) all BAT earn or stored locally is transfered to your verified uphold account, from there you can:

And/Or deposit the founds to your bank account (if UPHOLD has agreements with banks in your country).

Any way, once you have your BAT on your UPHOLD account, to change it to Bitcoin you can do this:

On Desktop

1. Go to your main panel and select the card that you whant to change, in this case would be the orange one with the BRAVE BROWSER litany.

1. Afther that select the option “send” (the sky blue card).

1. Select where you want to deposit it, in this case select the option that says BTC on the list. Then write the amount of BAT to convert (in my case i´m writing the amount in dollars).

1. One you finish you can click in confirm. It will show you a popup, just click confirm again.

1. Once installed and open you will see the main panel, on the bottom menu bar select the third option (Transact)

1. Then select the wallet with founds to exchange (in my case a USD wallet, in yours your BAT wallet). Then select the amount of BAT (in my case dollars) to convert. Afther that scroll down and click on “Confirm”

PD: sorry if i have gramatical and/or ortografical errors, but my english is rusty, i do my best

Swapping it for Bitcoin is the best thing to do with it. I exchange mine for Bitcoin every month. I wouldn’t hold on to BAT because (in my opinion) it will eventually become worthless like most cryptocurrencies which aren’t Bitcoin.

I think it’s a great way to get started so I agree. So what exactly is the process since I’m Bitcoin illiterate but I do trust my friend.

Best,
Craig

I will do Uphold they have contacted me.

Craig

| ambrocioisaias2808
June 17 |

• | - |

On Desktop

1. Afther that select the option “send” (the sky blue card).

1. Select where you want to deposit it, in this case select the option that says BTC on the list. Then write the amount of BAT to convert (in my case i´m writing the amount in dollars).

1. One you finish you can click in confirm. It will show you a popup, just click confirm again.

I send my BAT over to my BAT wallet on Coinbase, which doesn’t cost anything. Then I just trade the BAT for Bitcoin on Coinbase.

OK but how do I do that? I’m a computer geek not a coin geek. :slight_smile:

Craig

1 Like

hmmm, to transfer your BAT to other BAT wallet or to another exchange you need to know the payment wallet address of the receiver. As same, if you want to receive BAT (or other type of coin) you need to give your wallet payment address.

In any case it would be the same thing, unless for my point of view. I mean uphold and/or coinbase are the same thing: an exchange to trade or buy crypto, but well, all depends on the trust and convinience you have within the company.

In any case, for example, for someone else to send you BAT to your uphold wallet, as i said, you need to give your payment wallet address, so to know it you can do this:

On mobile

On your home page select your BAT card wallet

Once open TAP on the 3 dots on the ride side corner and then TAP on wallet address

There you can see and copy your address

On desktop:

Open you main page and click on yout BAT card:

Then select the option “add founds”:

Then select the yellow option: “with crypto or utility token”

In the specific case of uphold, an only on uphold (i do not know if other plataforms give the same facility) you need to select the COIN someone is going to send you, uphold generates a valid address for that coin and internally, when someone sends for example BITCOIN, it automatically exchanges it for BAT and deposit it to your account. So if you select BTC is going to give you a BTC address so somebody else can send you BTC and you will receive it as BAT. In this case you want a BAT address, so you are going to select BAT.

Finally it will give you your BAT payment address, just copy and send it to someone who wants to send you BAT.

Boy I will try it I guess I used to be a geek but Windows has ruined me. I appreciate your help though. :slight_smile:

Best,
Craig

| ambrocioisaias2808
June 19 |

• | - |

hmmm, to transfer your BAT to other BAT wallet or to another exchange you need to know the payment wallet address of the receiver. As same, if you want to receive BAT (or other type of coin) you need to give your wallet payment address.

In any case it would be the same thing, unless for my point of view. I mean uphold and/or coinbase are the same thing: an exchange to trade or buy crypto, but well, all depends on the trust and convinience you have within the company.

In any case, for example, for someone else to send you BAT to your uphold wallet, as i said, you need to give your payment wallet address, so to know it you can do this:

On mobile

Once open TAP on the 3 dots on the ride side corner and then TAP on wallet address

On desktop:

In the specific case of uphold, an only on uphold (i do not know if other plataforms give the same facility) you need to select the COIN someone is going to send you, uphold generates a valid address for that coin and internally, when someone sends for example BITCOIN, it automatically exchanges it for BAT and deposit it to your account. So if you select BTC is going to give you a BTC address so somebody else can send you BTC and you will receive it as BAT. In this case you want a BAT address, so you are going to select BAT.

Finally it will give you your BAT payment address, just copy and send it to someone who wants to send you BAT.

OK because I lost 2 bucks just letting it sit there for a week so I can’t be doing the right thing. :slight_smile:

Best,
Craig

| ambrocioisaias2808
June 19 |

• | - |

On mobile

On desktop:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.