BAT balance reset to 0 after failure to verify with previously connected Gemini account due to "region not supported"

Briefly describe your issue:
I clicked on the button to claim my BAT and did the Brave captcha. Browser asks me to login to Gemini since it’s already linked with my account. I login to Gemini and get a “Region not supported” error since I am from India. BAT balance did not get credited to my Gemini account and the balance now comes up as 0 in the Rewards panel.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10
Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes, with Gemini. But it is no longer supported since I am from India.

What date did you verify your wallet?
Jan 13, 2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not Applicable

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Not Applicable

Thank you!

1 Like

Please create a Support Ticket so someone from Brave can review your case and try to assist. In order to create a Support Ticket, you’ll need to compelte the form at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431

Thanks

NOTE

India can’t link to Uphold or Gemini. So you’ll be unable to do that. There are no fixes for it. The support ticket will be to address your BAT that you’re saying vanished. They’ll just be able to make sure you get it.

1 Like

Thank you, Saoiray. I have created a Support Ticket #143397.

Ok, most likely Steeven or SaltyBanana will handle it later on. Keep in mind it’s currently Saturday and they typically have the weekends off. Also they handle tickets in the order they are received.

In other words, give it time and realize it will be a couple days before they even return to work and start pulling up tickets again. Then just depends on how many they have in regards to how quick they get to you.

i had the same problem till 10min ago now i have seen that the bat are reflected in gemini account after vanishing like your case maybe once again check your account

1 Like

Lol, same issue and i checked it due your comment… i don’t know if feel happy or confused lol

@Senpai and @Berker your situations shouldn’t be “the same problem.” Are you in India and also had gotten the “region not supported” notice?

Usually when you first Verify, it processes and sends over like you’re mentioning. But that’s only once you can connect to Uphold or Gemini. If you’re in an unsupported region, you can’t actually connect to it. Therefore it wouldn’t show up in your Gemini or Uphold account.

I’m on Argentina, i had connected Gemini ago like 4 - 5 months, and then someday it appear as unsupported region, so it keep conected but don’t sent the BAT… i tried with Uphold but they just banned my account for login, Gemini +10

You saying Uphold banned you for some reason? I’m kind of curious what message(s) you received in that aspect.

Yeah, that’s where there was some issues between Brave and Gemini where they didn’t have the right documentation and all as necessary. So it had to pause the region while they got things sorted out amongst each other and the governments of those regions. It’s turning out to be a time consuming process. I mean, there’s a bit more to it, but that’s the “official” answer so-to-speak.

As long as things remained connected, it was possible that payments would go through. But the moment it disconnected, it was Game Over due to unsupported region, lol.

If you are not in supported region but were verified previously, claimed rewards can still go to Uphold/Gemini- https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/21588

If Wallet status: on brave://rewards-internals/ is Disconnected (Verified), BATs should still go through, but if it’s Disconnected (Not Verified), rewards will likely stay in the browser as vBAT.

1 Like

Uphold just send me a message like: “unfortunately we have to terminate your Uphold account” and the rest of message just repeating that they can’t tell me the really reason back of this. I asked them 2 times and that 2 times they just give me the link where just say reasons like “security”, or prevent fraud, avoid money laundering, distrust and many others. I don’t know what distrust I can give him, if in a public forum Uphold emails are passed and sold, when mine was 100% authentic with my own data… I don’t know, I don’t trust Uphold anymore, luckily Gemini didn’t give me a headache. Thanks for that info about the region, I hope it gets fixed soon, because I love using Brave with Gemini.

Well, they may have one bit of a headache for you later. If you hadn’t seen it, they got rid of their complimentary withdrawals.

https://pandaily.com/gemini-to-stop-providing-free-crypto-withdrawals/#:~:text=Leading%20cryptocurrency%20exchange%20firm%20Gemini,the%20Gemini%20dollar%20(GUSD).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gemini/comments/v9hndg/no_more_feefree_withdrawals/

So when you go to move BAT from Gemini, it will cost you.

1 Like

Bhai samjh nhi aaya kaise hoga …detail me explain kro thoda

I had the same problem also

Yes, I saw the notice so I was prepared and had even been accumulating the BATs to sell them for GUSD. Luckily I had already made up my mind that it would happen sooner or later, Binance forced me to live paying fees :sweat_smile:

Yep, I’m from India too, was verified last year or probably in 2020, been receiving BATs till last month…and now it says unsupported region.

Using it with Uphold, on Android 11
Yes I’ve updated my phone and brave

Same Problem i’m from india and got same region not supported i have previously verified and using gemini for 2-3months but yesterday the region not supported error has occurred but still i have got bat of this month

1 Like

Yaar, I know only this much. Wallet status is automatic, BAT drain (moving to uphold/Gemini) is automatic. There is nothing we can do. It’s up to Brave to make changes.

If i understand correctly, just till May end gemini was working well and I have been receiving my BAT rewards from Brave in Gemini and now it is discontinued in India.

Considering this is coming from Brave changes , there must be a way out of. Can you please guide on that if you are aware?