BAT Backup & Restore

I’m currently using a hard drive and there are symptoms of my hard drive failing and next Friday 24th September, I’ll be taking it to warranty service. I’m constantly losing data for the past week, so there is a chance they’ll replace the drive. Now, I tried to look up some youtube tutorial about how to backup and restore the rewards in my BAT wallet. Currently there are about 0.446 BAT pending probably as it shows estimated reward so far and 0.750 BAT in my account. Among the tutorials available, one mentioned a backup code option and using that code to restore the BAT. However, it seems like that option isn’t available anymore and you need to connect an “Uphold” account but that requires 15 BAT to open an account which I don’t have. I tried to manually open an account if that was an option and turns out Uphold isn’t available in my region. So is there any way to backup my BAT at all? or I’m going to lose all progress once I change my hard drive?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Windows 10 20H2, OS Build 19042.1237, Brave Version 1.27.108 Chromium: 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit))?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (no)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
=> I never tried withdrawing before, I’ve only been using Brave for 2 months+

Are you using a VPN? (no)

Are you in a supported region (Yes I am, my country is listed)?

Does your device pass the [SafteyNet] (Currently I don’t own a smartphone, the old one’s battery died and due to lockdowns, I haven’t been able to buy a phone or replace the old battery yet)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
=> Yes, I only use PC to use Brave and auto-contribute is tuned off caz I don’t fully understand how it works yet, so turned it off.

There is not anything you can really do to transfer the BAT over unfortunately. Unless they clone your entire HDD to a new one, but if there is some sort of virus or something on the drive then that wouldn’t be an option. But if Uphold is not available in your region to begin with, there would not be any way to cash out your BAT. You could see if Gemini is supported in your region. In addition, if you are talking a little bit of BAT such as under 1 BAT it really is not worth the struggle as it is barely worth a dollar or less anyways. Also, if Gemini is not available to you either, you could wait it out for a future custodian as there will probably be more but that could take quite some time, even years. And holding onto BAT without being connected is a huge risk. It is doable, but such as in your case, if you ever have some sort of problem, virus, need of reformatting PC etc, all will be lost.

1 Like

Step 1. Settings
2. General
-Sync
You can add it in your mobile phone

Sync however, will not sync BAT over. Only bookmarks, passwords and some other settings.

There is a way that you can use one brave browser two different device

I remember I did that.

One more thing I forgot to mention due to some stress, as I am currently backing up all the necessary files to my GSuite Cloud, I use Brave portable. Will the rewards stay intact if I copy the entire folder since it is a portable version.

They should, yes. But bugs are never ruled out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.