Bad News.! Philippines and Vietnam

It’s not brave that ban the whole region… it’s UPHOLD… brave do have flagging mechanism that will be upon anyone regardless of the region if the system detects something suspicious…

1 Like

Try to check this post by steeven.

2 Likes

Yeah, same post said that "

Meaning not banned from brave rewards you can still use it, but the custodial wallet (external account) has banned user of the region from connecting which results to:

Because it’s the external wallets decision if you’re allowed to connect or not…

1 Like

The reason I use Brave browser is for the ad blocking function and bat rewards; however, I need to link a wallet first, which is Uphold, which I can’t do since my nation isn’t mentioned in the area; perhaps my country is banned.

Then I continued to use Brave without linking a wallet for nearly a year. Until a new wallet called Gemini emerges that can connect to Brave and transfer your rewards there. I’m overjoyed at the moment since I can finally create a wallet and passed the KYC verification process successfully.

And now this? Because to the other’s malicious activities, both Uphold and Gemini are unable to link to Brave. What a joke!

Nakakabwesit nmn yang ibang pinoy, nadadamay tuloy yung mga legit na user na nag tiyaga at gumugol ng oras para lng mka kuha ng konting bat rewards. Puro korap ung ibang mga pinoy tsk!

2 Likes

I think all these recent instances are travel rule related. Crypto exchanges are considered payment providers/custodians and are legally obliged to comply with local VASP and international AML/CFT reporting and record-keeping obligations, including FATF sanctions and travel rule. There’s some good info in this Coindesk article from earlier in the year: https://www.coindesk.com/layer2/2022/01/12/crypto-firms-cant-outrun-the-travel-rule/#:~:text=The%20FATF%20“Travel%20Rule”%20is,is%20not%20a%20radical%20idea.

why ban all Region when there will be fraudulent activity of example 1-10people??
you can ban theyre wallet right? or ban them from earning ADS?
Whats the purpose of having addresses and KYC when you cant ban them?
jeez.

i agree, very short sited BRAVE team has

1 Like

It’s not Brave, its the exchanges, e.g. Uphold and Gemini.

If this is the case, I hope we can use braves built in wallet to transfer our brave tokens.

@cryptoxun It’s not so easy as it may seem to be. If Brave were to do this, then they would likely be considered payment providers and subject to the same fiduciary duties as the exchanges - its a FATCA obligation, an international legal requirement in virtually all jurisdictions. Customer due diligence and transaction monitoring is required to minimise the risk of money laundering and to counter terrorist financing. I suspect that’s why Brave use third party exchanges and don’t do it themselves, as they’re in the business of providing internet software and not as payment providers. I don’t think Wyre require ID to be uploaded, not sure.

1 Like

Totally agree with this. Good information mate. I’m from Philippines by the way. If thats what the platforms decision then let be it. Thank you brave!

2 Likes

the only thing we can do is to wait. if ever the brave team will add other custodial wallet or a crypto wallet for rewards withdrawal (we don’t know about it yet). So if some can’t wait either off the ads notif or change browser.

you can always save your BAT maybe soon there will be some good progress. Right? I’m still using BRAVE BROWSER because of the speed and ad blocker built in. If there is no BRAVE REWARDS I will still use brave.

2 Likes

That’s so unfair for legit users like us. Turning off my ads from now on!!!

Again, its not Brave its the exchanges, and until they find a better method, this is the way most, if not all of them are dealing with international regulations. Completely agree with you that it’s unfair on legit users. As @jameslax suggested, I would just stack the BAT until at some point in the future you are able to connect wallets.

2 Likes

Quite unfair for people that use it legitimately. Is the ban permanent?

you have a point sir…hoping ASAP this ban will end, just keep stacking at your browser… and we can wait… Godbless BRAVE

1 Like

Agree! :slight_smile: and I am female! :woman::grin:

oh im sorry maam…btw…nice chating on you…have a nice day…Godbless :grin: :+1:

1 Like

I feel sorry for the honest Vietnamese and Filipino people who have not got into these fraudulent activities but nevertheless got dragged into these sanctions. On the other hand, I understand Brave’s actions, it’s something that was expectable to happen and they’re within their rights to do it.