Back/Forward and Refresh Buttons Not Working Properly

Description of the issue:
I have been using the desktop Brave browser for a while now, and have had no issues. However, I have just recently encountered an issue with the forward, backward, and refresh buttons. When I click them, Brave crashes. Upon reopening Brave, it displays the “Brave did not shut down properly” dialog. Additionally, when clicking the “Restore” button on this dialog, Brave also crashes.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Navigate to any webpage using the Brave browser.
  2. Click the back, forward, or refresh button.
  3. Reopen Brave and click the “Restore” button on the “Brave did not shut down properly” dialog.

Expected result:
Brave should navigate according to the button’s displayed functionality.

Brave Version:
Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I do not have any extensions loaded into Brave. I am unsure of how to retrieve a crash log for Brave, but was able to find a Memory Dump file in the AppData folder, just I am unsure of how to upload it. I have uploaded a screenshot of what Visual Studio shows for that file if it helps. Let me know if there is anything else that you need.

Well, just restarted my computer and it works.

1 Like

Well, that is just unfortunate because I would give you set of instructions which would be difficult to follow and wouldn’t solve your problem. As a result you would frustrate and turn off your computer, only to discover that your problem was fixed when you turn it on.
I will be praised, and you would think,
Opportunity missed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.