Automatically add a trailing slash when entering a URL from the history

When I start entering a URL that exists in my browsing history, then it nicely pops up in the list. It is however missing a trailing slash at the end. This makes it a bit more cumbersome to manually enter long URL, because the trailing slash needs to be added manually each time.

Firefox does this. Here is an example:

If I want to go to the following page:
https://domain.com/posts/categories/feature-requests/

In Firefox I will need to approx. do the following typing:

• “dom” => pops up domain.com/
  • end key => jumps to the end of the URL
  • “p” => puts “posts/” at the end of the URL, so we’re at domain.com/posts/
  • “c” => puts “categories/” at the end, so we’re at domain.com/posts/categories/
  • “f” => puts “feature-requests/” at the end, so we’re at domain.com/posts/categories/feature-requests
  • hit “enter” and page loads.

In Brave a “/” needs to be added at every step, which slows things down. Looks like this:

• “dom” => pops up domain.com
  • “/” => to add the trailing slash
  • “p” => puts “posts” at the end of the URL, so we’re at domain.com/posts
  • “c” => puts “categories” at the end, so we’re at domain.com/posts/categories
  • “f” => puts “feature-requests” at the end, so we’re at domain.com/posts/categories/feature-requests
  • hit “enter” and page loads.

This doesn’t seem like much, but when you are doing this only 10 times a day it becomes really annoying. And I’m doing it much more than that.
I’m switching from Firefox and this change is disturbing and slowing down the workflow.

You don’t have to start at the beginning of the address though. If that particular address is in your history and you start typing ‘feat’ it will pop up.

That is a great tip, thank you!

For my use case unfortunately it doesn’t work well.
I have a lot of URLs in my history starting with domain.com/knowledgebase/for example.
If I start typing know then it will give me 5 results and what I’m looking for might not be in that 5. Pressing the End key will not do anything, because I only get a full reco in the address bar if I’m starting at the beginning of the domain.

I could start typing in the keyword, html for example, but then I will get a bunch of recommendations from outside of domain.com which again doesn’t bring me forward.