Automatic JSON formatting

As a developer, it’s frustrating having to copy & paste raw, minified/ unformatted JSON into a JSON formatter or installing a third party app to format the JSON in a nice way - when reading from an API I’m currently developing.

I’d like to see an ‘auto-format’ option for JSON objects, with perhaps a built in search feature so I can easily traverse the objects I’m querying.

For example:

[{"id":1,"name":"House on a Hill","description":"It's a house, on a hill.","bedrooms":"2","bathrooms":"2","parking":"4","created_at":"2020-02-28T11:42:09.758Z","updated_at":"2020-02-28T11:44:55.685Z","agents":{"id":1,"name":"John Doe","number":"01234 567890","email":"john.doe@email.com","created_at":"2020-02-28T11:43:16.971Z","updated_at":"2020-02-28T11:43:16.971Z"},"image":[{"id":1,"n

Could be:

[
	{
		"id: 1,
		"name": "House on a Hill",
		"description": "...."

You get the idea.

I don’t want to rely on third party plugins from the google extension market, or websites that I have to manually copy & paste to.

1 Like

Just me I guess…

I am hoping they can make Brave handle JSON data like Firefox does…

1 Like

@krynv You can check the Network tab of the DevTools
When you select a request, if the content-type is application/json, you have a tree view on Preview.

1 Like

Not just you, i also would like having that feature

I’d love to see this feature included in brave!

I would like to signal that I would also love to see this as a default feature for Brave

It reduces the third-party risk from installing some unknown developer extension simply for JSON formatting

count me in that one also :slight_smile:

It’s very easier to read json on firefox

the problem is they depend on google chrome on that one as it part of the core of the browser so not sure if they will do it or not