Automatic file numbering OFF switch

Please forgive me if this topic relates to an earlier version too, but I only know this latest one. (new user). The same question was posted in May but never answered, and I do hope there is a simple answer to: How do you prevent Brave from appending a downloaded filename when it already exists? In this case it would save us keystrokes if it just asked if we wish to replace this file with the new one, or not. Otherwise it requires at least 4 keystrokes to delete Brave’s additional characters instead of just one keystroke to say YES (replace). Thank you…

We could EXPECT a default action like every program when you try to overwrite the same file.

Version 1.20.110 Chromium: 88.0.4324.192 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Win 7 64bit PC)
My specific application is: I use a Macro program to open a specific file to check for new book orders. When the new download is a new name the macro will open an older spreadsheet and think there were no new orders, instead of today’s download… see?

1 Like

Hi @MStav, Welcome to Community!
There is no way to enable this. However, there is an extension you can add to get this functionality:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.