Automatic contribution turned off, but performed

Dear Brave,

Description of the issue:
I installed Brave on 2020/12/01 and yesterday I received my first funds, it is displayed on my Uphold’s account. Neverthless, also I can see the transaction of “You sent 8.50 BAT to @BravePublishers” It would be ok, but the issue here is that I have the option of “Automatic contribution” turned off. I chose it on the first day I installed Brave. I studied the Brave browser options, even I took a look at the forum and some information in order to understand the browser’s purpouse and the way it works. So I expected to receive my complete funds not a part of them.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Funds were received, but an automatic contribution transaction was generated.

Expected result:
The transaction of “You sent 8.50 BAT to @BravePublishers.” should not have happened because my Brave browser had the automatic contributions off since the first day I had Brave installed.

Reproduces how often:
Took place yesterday after receiving the Brave’s funds in my Uphold account.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, Brave Version 1.18.78 Chromium: 87.0.4280.141 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

Additional Information:

It’s interesting to give funds to the content creators. But it’s optional. Most of the users first want to rely and get used to to Brave for a gap of time in order to later start giving funds. That was my case, but unfortunately it’s not happening.

Please your prompt support,
Thanks
Marcos

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.