Autofill Security Issue - Saved Passwords

Autofill Security/Privacy Issue

If someone has access to my pc they can easily go to browser settings, view or export a list of all my saved autofill passwords. There needs to be an additional layer of security here.

Creating a password or even MFA as an option would be great. I understand the issue here is that this requires an email address to reset the password if lost or forgotten. Please this is a major issue that is high risk in my view.

I understand that avoiding autofill data to be saved by unticking is an option to avoid this issue but also creating passwords allows convenient use of this feature.

In a matter of 30 seconds I can have an exported complete list of your life’s passwords.

I don’t know how this matter has not been looked at yet or commented by anyone!
This is a major security flaw in the browser!

I Completely agree with Brandy in regards to this issue. I would also add that if someone gets their hands on your sync code (which is quite easy to access) they’ll have easy access to everything.

In the mean time I would suggest using a more secure password manager option.
I use Microsoft authenticator and its extension for this browser. (Its Free and very secure)

I might create another request on this matter if nobody looks at this thread.

I got this from another user…I had the same problem.

You have no PC sign in.

I went f*cking around in the options and found my solution. It was not related to Brave but to the windows security options. (I’m putting this out there in case any other Windows user looking for an answer bums into the thread). I went in: Windows Settings → Accounts → Sign-in Options In the manage how you sign-in to your device I selected: Password - Sign in with your account’s password From there I could set up a password for my account on this PC (not sure why it didn’t ask for my micr…