Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Install Brave
- Import settings and passwords from chrome
- Try to open any site that you have a saved password for
- Notice that the username and password fields don’t automatically fill in; you have to click on the username box and select your saved username and password in the popup
Auto Sign-In setting under
brave://settings/passwords enabled, opening a site with a username and password field should automatically fill in if you have a saved username and password
Brave Version( check
Version 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- I’ve tried toggling this setting multiple times to no avail, along with trying it on a myriad of different sites that I have my password saved for. All of my passwords are saved but the
Auto Sign-Insetting just refuses to work. I haven’t had it work on a single site successfully as of yet.
- I have spent quite a while looking around for other people having this issue, but all of them are old, unrelated (slightly different from my problem in some way), or closed without any replies.
- I did find one other thread that stated the same issue, but it was back in December of last year: Auto-Sign-in broken on Release and Nigthly channels