Auto Sign-In Setting Not Working On Latest Official Build

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Brave
  2. Import settings and passwords from chrome
  3. Try to open any site that you have a saved password for
  4. Notice that the username and password fields don’t automatically fill in; you have to click on the username box and select your saved username and password in the popup

Expected result:
With Auto Sign-In setting under brave://settings/passwords enabled, opening a site with a username and password field should automatically fill in if you have a saved username and password

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

• I’ve tried toggling this setting multiple times to no avail, along with trying it on a myriad of different sites that I have my password saved for. All of my passwords are saved but the Auto Sign-In setting just refuses to work. I haven’t had it work on a single site successfully as of yet.
  • I have spent quite a while looking around for other people having this issue, but all of them are old, unrelated (slightly different from my problem in some way), or closed without any replies.
  • I did find one other thread that stated the same issue, but it was back in December of last year: Auto-Sign-in broken on Release and Nigthly channels
1 Like

I authored the post you referenced. Auto Sign-in is still broken here on Release version, same as yours. I no longer have Nightly installed but it probably doesn’t work there either.

BTW, my other browser is Edge for sign-in accounts. It’s well maintained and auto login feature works perfect with only 1 click needed.

I still use Brave but pretty much quit posting in this forum due to lack of support. It seems like most of Brave’s support effort goes to Brave Rewards/crypto issues - the main revenue generating source for Brave. Oh, and @fanboynz is quick to fix adblocking issues. :+1: :+1:Don’t want to forget about him! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!

I did notice that when going through a lot of forum posts, most of the ones that I could find related to my problems never actually had any useful responses from developers/people who work on the brave browser.

It really is a shame that more time isn’t being devoted to problems like this considering it has been months since you posted about this issue and nobody has even replied with regard to any intent on fixing it. At least they’ve got adblocking stuff down pat (though I use uBlock in addition to it anyway)!

I also noticed that brave likes to use way more cpu, memory, and power compared to chrome when using the exact same settings, extensions, and sites despite claims of the opposite. Oh well.