Auto fill Address bar?

All new to this Brave browser here,
I was previously using Google Chrome.
Chrome had a feature that allowed for autofill in the address bar for my visited sites.
I notice that this browser seems to work for some sites, like Yahoo, but when I attempt to try and type in Hotmail.com I have to complete the whole address.
Is this a setting I’m missing?

So what? Dial

Regards

What are you on about?

Go to your settings, you’ll find an option there for autofill

I have some issues with this as well. I use Brave on my phone (android) and at home (linux). A couple of weeks ago, I switched over to Brave at work (Windows). I’ve only noticed this problem on Windows and it is really annoying and baffling. I’m a developer and I have to constantly go to the URLs for my development and testing servers. There are many applications I support, each with their own unique URLs that start with the same domain name.

I start typing the URL (i.e. www.) and the autofill options will pop up. I continue typing to narrow the autofill list down (i.e. www.de) and it just goes away instead of narrowing. As I continue typing it will sometimes randomly pop back up but then when I hit the next letter, it goes away again. It doesn’t seem to be a lag issue because if I stop typing and wait it doesn’t pop up. After typing a couple of more letters I might see it pop back up, or maybe not. This same behavior occurs whether the address is a site in my browsing history or in my bookmarks.

It’s random. It’s annoying. It’s a bug.

My version information:

Brave: 0.20.30
V8: 6.4.388.40
rev: 8b78402e7b3b91d44d8146cbe4dc8013592c33fd
Muon: 4.7.9
OS Release: 10.0.14393
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.119

I also have a similar problem. Since 2-3 updates ago it won’t auto fill the address bar anymore.
The only option I use is to complete the addresses from my favorites, so that I don’t have to navigate through the folders. It used to work 100%, but now it doesn’t do anything, doesn’t matter which combination of charaters. I can type in 99% of the address and it still doesn’t offer to complete.
I have tried disabling this option and enabling again, restarting the browser, etc, but nothig works.

brave

My version is the following

Brave: 0.20.42
V8: 6.4.388.41
rev: 096c7cb3c75ebb518f72fc7d24bc2bbaedd50aed
Muon: 4.8.2
OS Release: 6.1.7601
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.140

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.