Auto Delete Cookies

Hi,
Is there any way to auto delete site cookies without installing a browser extension? I don’t want to install extensions as I moved away from Firefox to Brave as Brave has more protections built in and I don’t want to be fingerprinted by my installed extensions/plugins.
If it isn’t possible, where can i make a feature request for this as I think it would be a great addition to privacy settings! :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hello @NoMoreFirefox

Thank you for reaching out and we’re happy to assist you. Could you kindly clear data on exit, using this link: brave://settings/clearBrowserData that is the way to auto delete site cookies without installing a browser extension.

Let us know if that works!

Ha, thanks but that’s deleting cookies, without the “auto” bit!
I am talking about automatic deletion as done with the various plugins available which auto delete cookies a set period after a site is closed, or auto deleting all cookies every 24 hours etc. I am looking for a way to make the browser do that without using such a plugin. From your reply I assume there is no way, so I’d like to know how to make a suggestion for it as a feature within settings.
thanks

They gave you instructions on that. Did you just not pay attention to options?

Notice the words On Exit? So when you choose what you’d like to clear, then it will do so when you exit Brave. This is what you’ve asked. And it’s part of what is within the browser, not done through an extension.

I see now, but that’s not exactly what I am after, I am after auto deletion after a set period.
The phrase “Could you kindly clear data on exit” sounds like, well,someone is asking me to clear data on exit. Something like “Select the tab called “on exit” and you can tell it to clear when you exit”. That would have been clearer.

What this setting does is it clears it every time you exit Brave. If you’re looking for a “clear every 30 days” or something, then that’s not an option yet. If you want that, you’ll need to look if it’s been suggested over at #brave-feature-requests . If it has, then +1 on it. If it hasn’t, then create a request over there. (I’m too lazy to search right now, but ideally you should)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.