Auto-Contribution towards Brave automatically switched on ON

So today I received a notification that I automatically sent BAT to Brave…
It was done via the Auto-Contribute, I recently switched to a new phone and I though maybe while setting up the new phone I forgot that part, but no it was set to OFF (and still is), however from my PC I went to double check and it was set to ON… now this has been OFF for months and I am 100% sure I did not change it… how did it flip on its own??? Brave Browser reset some defaults?? Forced a log off and then asking users to login and switching to default (which conveniently for Brave is ON?) I was notified since funds go to my Uphold wallet, I was notificed via Upload, but not one notification from Brave… is this how Brave works??? randomly swtiching on the Auto Contribute to get maximum earnings from adverts???
I have not reset anything from the browser or re-installed anything on my PC which could even have any conflict or anything to do with the browser, so how did this turn to ON Automatically??
I`
m not bragging about this one time contribution but I need to check every now and then that the settings are set to off now??? I am 101% this was on OFF, and when I switched on pc and went on brave browser it was ON…
Really annoying…

@Frostgrip there’s a lot of guesses and assumptions that can be made, but I don’t think it’s worth the time. Your best bet is to create a Support Ticket so Brave can try to look into with you and see if they can resolve any issues.

1 Like

Yeah it’s bunk. I almost stopped using Brave, not because of donating, I have no problem with that on my own. But when company start changing your settings to be what they want you to use then we have a problem. This was no accident. It should be off by default, the fact that it isn’t is telling.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.