Auto-contribute stuck at "Stopped retrying"

Briefly describe your issue:

When I look at brave://rewards-internals, I see that one of my auto-contributions has been stuck in the “Stopped retrying” step.

I have 5 BAT set up to auto-contribute monthly, and in December 2021 it’s definitely been deducted from my balance — I can see that deduction on Uphold​.​com: under Recent Activity it says “You sent 5.00 BAT to @​BravePublishers”.

However, this doesn’t appear in the Wallet Activity on the Brave Rewards page (brave://rewards). When I click “View statement”, under December 2021 Auto-Contribute it says “No activities yet…”. Also, there’s no indication that any of the recipients received the 5 BAT. I know this because I’m also a Brave Creator, and one of my own channels was among the list of recipients, and it didn’t receive part of the contribution!

Did I just lose 5 BAT? Or will the auto-contribute retry again? Or if it fails, will the 5 BAT be deposited back into my Brave Rewards account? If this system is as finicky and buggy as it seems, I’ll just stop using Auto-Contribute as it’s not worth the risk.

Attached is a screenshot of my last transaction. Here’s the relevant info:

Created at: 12/23/2021, 01:36:49 AM

Type: Auto Contribute

Amount: 5 BAT

Step: Stopped retrying

Retry Count: -1

Processor: Uphold Wallet

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Brave: Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no):
Yes.

What date did you verify your wallet?
6 December 2021 (2021-12-06).

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes, but this is the first time I’ve had trouble since verifying my Uphold wallet.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A (not Android).

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
No.

@hrvbrs,
Thank you for reaching out. I’ve forwarded your report to the Rewards team and will reply back when I have more information.

Appreciate your patience.

@mattches, Thanks for responding. Has there been any progress on this?

I’m still seeing “Step: Stopped retrying” on the brave://rewards-internals page for the Dec 23 transaction, yet no indication of the transaction in the statements on the brave://rewards page.

Also, FYI, the Jan 23 transaction (just recently) went through flawlessly, and I can see it in the statements. On the rewards-internals page, it says “Step: Completed”.

I want to keep this issue from automatically closing as it hasn’t been resolved yet.