Auto-contribute continually auto-enabling

Why is it that the Auto-contribute toggle keeps switching itself from OFF to ON? I found out about this the hard way a month or two ago when 20 BAT disappeared from my balance. I had Auto-contribute turned off long before, or so I thought. Every couple days I check the setting, and it has always turned itself back ON.

Is this merely a bug that the developers have refused to address, or a “feature” designed to reward sites the Brave users have not deliberately chosen themselves to reward? How can you make such an important setting default (and frequently revert) to ON?

It’s annoying, dishonest, and deceptive, in my opinion.

Please make the default Auto-contribute setting OFF!

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Skyhooker - I can help! Please DM me your rewards internals.

Thank you in advance!!

Hi, steeven,

Thank you for your reply. I’m not sure what is meant by “rewards internals,” but if you mean history, the only month that shows up in the dropdown list is this month, June. I can’t see any history of contributions in the past. If there’s something I’m missing, please let me know.

Thanks

Type brave:rewards-internals to URL bar. Then send the information to Steven. Click Steven username > Message.

And there it went again, 20 BAT gone, poof! I had been disabling Auto-contribute EVERY DAY, and yesterday it auto-enabled itself AGAIN and gave away my tokens before I could change the setting.

This is ridiculous.

@Skyhooker,
We’ve had many issues where users claim that their AC was turned on and/or donated without permission before. But they tend to be a blip, rather than an “every day” problem. This is why we would like to take a closer look – as @eljuno laid out, can you share the information with @steeven (in a private DM) found on your brave://rewards-internals page so we can take a closer look on our end?

Additionally, can you tell me if you have any data set to be cleared when you exit the browser? Also, what OS are you using?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I sent the rewards internals to @steeven yesterday, I believe. I have no data that auto-clears when I exit the browser, and have not run a cache cleaner in weeks. I am running Linux Mint 19.3, 64-bit, Ubuntu-based.

EDIT: Linux Mint 19.3 MATE desktop version, if it matters.

@Skyhooker,
Thanks for the information and for giving @steeven your internals. We’ll take a look and hopefully have more information for you soon. Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Hi @Skyhooker - can you send me you Rewards Internals in the DM I just sent? I’m not seeing anything in my message history. Thank you!