Attention dropped to zero

I have been using Brave Version 0.56.15 (on Ubuntu, linux) for about 1 month now and all seemed to be working fine. I regularly check the “Rewards” tab to see which websites I am giving the most attention to.

The other day all of the websites listed under Auto-Contribute had 0% next to them. I thought that was odd and then realised that the previous day I had briefly used an older version of Brave.

Could this have effected data for the current version of Brave that I am using? I can’t think of any other reason that these values would have dropped down to 0.

Hello @b-brave not sure I understand your observations. Filling out a template would help. Here are a few things to consider. Rewards are posted around the 8th of the month. Do you still have ‘older’ moun version installed. Did you recover your wallet from the ‘old’ to the new version? Did you receive and activate a Rewards grant in the current build you are running. Hope this helps you find an answer. p.s. I use Ubuntu 18.04 and Brave and recommend the search on this site. I even answered my own post when I used it.:blush:

1 Like

Thanks @kbounds566. I don’t know if I can be any more descriptive, but I’ll give the template a go.

Description of the issue:
As stated in the first post. All I can add is that, prior to starting up the older version of Brave (0.25.2) that I still have installed on my pc, I did have percentages showing up along each of the top sites that I had been visiting. I haven’t made any payments yet, the 18th of this month will be my first auto payment date. I have recovered my old wallet with the new browser and received another grant of BAT.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Can’t reproduce

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
https://imgur.com/a/Cpyd3WI

Expected result:
The figures were more than 0% a couple of days ago, no idea why they have dropped to 0.

Reproduces how often:
na.

Brave Version(about:brave):
Brave Version 0.56.15

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
not sure if it can be reproduced, not sure why it happened

Additional Information:

As a follow up to this issue (I’m not sure if it’s related, but I think it may be).

On the 18th my first auto-contribute payment was due. When I opened Brave to check to see if it had gone through I got this message:
error message

This seemed odd as I have a balance of 60 BAT. I closed the message and opend the Brave Rewards tab again. Sure enough, my BAT were still there. None of them had been spent, although the auto-contribute should have gone through.
Brave balance

A couple of days later I received a chat message via Brave’s reddit page saying that there was a problem with Brave payments and I needed to click on a link to fix this or I would loose all my tokens. I ignored it as it was obviously a scam, I wondered if it was connected to my problem with the payments though, as the timing was strangely coincidental.

Before we move forward with any troubleshooting, can you go ahead and update your Brave to the latest version? If you’re on the release channel build you should be at v0.57.18 right now. But you mentioned using 0.56.15 in your original post.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong here, but did you import your wallet/payments information into Rewards, then browse and have a-c table percentages rise? Or are you saying that after your import, the ac table read 0% and nothing was withdrawn?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply - I’m not at my pc right now, so can’t update.

I can let you know that I was able to successfully import my wallet after upgrading to 0.56.15. So, before the problem started, I had a positive balance in my wallet and the a-c table percentages were showing > 0% for sites visited.

:point_up: To clarify, were your ac percentages showing up >0 on Muon (Brave Payments)? Or they were showing up fine in the new version 0.56.15 at the time (Brave Rewards)?

If the former, taken from this article:

Brave Rewards (Beta)

Brave Rewards replaces Brave Payments with improved usability, more visibility, and new features. With this change, any sites pinned in your Brave Payments Auto-Contribute table will automatically be converted into “Recurring Tips” in Brave rewards once your wallet information has been imported.
Note: In order to fully migrate Brave Payments information into the new Brave Rewards system, you must have Brave Payments enabled in the Muon build before you begin the upgrade process. Read the FAQ at the bottom of this articles for commonly asked questions surrounding the switch from Brave Payments (Muon) to Brave Rewards (Core).

Just want to make sure you’re aware that the Auto-Contribution system from Brave Payments differs from the one in Rewards.

Yes, Brave Rewards appeared to be working fine following the upgrade to 0.56. The a-c table figures went down to 0% after I briefly ran the old Muon Browser. I don’t know if that was the cause of the problem though, it may have just been a coincidence.

I have upgraded to Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Edit: 0.58 now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought the problem may fix itself after my first a-c payment date passed. No luck, I have been using Brave for well over a month and attention is still at 0%.

These are my a-c settings.

Can anyone explain why a-c is at 0%.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.