Assistance Needed: Gmail Login and Passwords Disappeared after PC Crash

Description of the issue:
I am reaching out because I recently experienced a PC crash and had to force shut it down using the power button. Unfortunately, after restarting my computer, I discovered that all my Gmail login credentials and passwords are no longer saved in my Brave Browser.

I have been a dedicated Brave user for quite some time, and this is the first time I’ve encountered such an issue. I rely heavily on the convenience of having my passwords saved, and it’s quite inconvenient to lose access to my Gmail accounts.

I have checked my settings and verified that the password manager is enabled in Brave, but the saved data seems to have vanished after the crash. I’m not sure if this is a common issue or if there’s a specific solution for recovering lost data after a forced shutdown.

If anyone in the community has experienced a similar situation or has any advice on how I can recover my Gmail passwords within Brave Browser, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. It’s important for me to regain access to my accounts without compromising security.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Additional Information:

I believe that if you have lost your password, you can recover it, for example, through a backup email or SMS, directly in your Google profile. In general, it is better not to rely on saving the password in the browser, but to use, for example, Bitwarden. Essentially, if you reset your browser profile and the password disappeared, but there was no synchronization with another device, then you can only restore it as I wrote above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.